[THIRTY-FOUR - Until We Meet Again.]

+Two Days After The Event...+

'Jerome! Wake up dude, the boys are leaving.'

'Yeah yeah, I'm up! Why're they leaving so early, geez...'

Scuffling filled the previously silent morning sky. Six cloaked figures - Five of which walking, one being carried due to the snow - made their way around the wooden houses, the barrier coming into view as two of them sped ahead.

'There they are!'

'Hey boys, didn't expect you to be up so early.'

'Did you honestly think we would let you go without saying goodbye?' Lachlan grinned, hugging Vik tightly. It was, unfortunately, time for the "humans" to go home. Not by choice obviously, but the boys had been gone for more than a week.

Last time that happened... Pfft, let's not bring that up, shall we?

'Not really, but it's good to see you anyway - Brandon! I thought you weren't coming out?' The slime hybrid snorted good-naturedly, looking between his friends with an awkward expression.

'Well, I wasn't going to, but I thought it'd be good to see you off. I am a gentleman, after all.'

'Sure you are, buddy, sure you are.'

'Come on, boys! We've got to get back before the sun rises.' Tobi called, as he and the other two had already passed the barrier. A loud, comical chorus of groans was their response, but eventually the teenagers had parted ways.

Kenny, always being one for dragging out goodbyes (yet hating them at the same time), took one more longing look at his friends and caught the eyes of his golden-feathered friend. Choco was smiling, but in the dying moonlight Kenny could see that his cerulean eyes were glistening.

"Oh, no..." 'You guys go on ahead, I'll be right back.' The blond muttered, turning and jogging back as the chocobo gave him a confused look.

'Why'd you come back?'

'I felt bad, obviously. Here, I want you to take this.'

Nobody saw the exchange, and nobody heard the words spoken. The pair embraced one more time, keeping close, until Josh called for him once more 'Kenny, c'mon - We need to go.'
'Yeah yeah, right... I'll see you soon, okay? Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone.' He instructed. Choco sniffled quietly but nodded, clutching the object to his chest and waving at the retreating blond.
"See you soon..."

~+~
'Ethan, come on. Neglecting your duties just because-'
'You don't understand, Ross... Simon and JJ have been banging on about the same point for days. Who says I'm neglecting my duties? I am doing them, anyway.'

'...You can't fix stuff while you're in your room. You've been in there for ages - I bet you haven't even noticed that it's snowing yet.'

'That would explain a lot.' The redhead groaned, pushing away from the wall and peering through the curtains to reveal that it was, indeed, snowing. Pulling on a hooded jacket, he unlocked the door with a soft "click" as Ross stood back.

'Good to see you out, mate. I made sure the guys didn't get into your office, so you're all good to go.' The grey-haired teenager grinned, tightening his scarf as he lead the elder Councillor through the halls. 'Oh by the way, you have a few visitors.'

'Who?'

Ross just shrugged, peeking around a corner to make sure Simon and JJ weren't loitering around until he motioned for Ethan to follow him. 'Close friends.'

+

'Vik?!'

'Hey Behz, how've you been?' The coffee-skinned teenager spoke nonchantly, before the ginger caught him in a bone-crusing hug.

'Do you know how worried we've been? You just disappeared out of nowhere, and you've been gone for almost two weeks, you could have at least told us!'

The four missing Sidemen had returned to the large building after dropping Kenny and Mitch safely back at their homes (much to the Canadian's reluctance. Kenny was either too tired, or to upset to complain.). They hadn't told the others that they were back just yet, because Ross had told them about the whole...

Situation.

'Yeah, sorry abou that. It was a kind of... Spur-of-the-moment expedition, y'know? Trying to-'

'You went to see the hybrids?

'...Yep.'

~~~

"Ugh, I miss them already... Mostly Vik though, he's helped a ton over the past few days." Lachlan groaned internally, falling back onto his bed and staring at the ceiling above. It had been what, two hours since they'd gone? Possibly three? And he was already bored.

Ontop of that, he kept yawning. Ugh.

His room was quiet for a few moments, until he groaned again and attempted to occupy himself with balancing a pillow on his face. That took one minute until he got sick of it, and let out a frustrated sigh.

"Bored, bored, even more bored than a game."

"...Oh my lorDS THIS IS UNBEARABLE!" The blond quietly screamed into the pillow, repeatedly hitting himself in the face and not hearing his door open. There was a chuckle, before someone grabbed the pillow and chucked it back onto the bed.

'Bored, Lachlan?' Marina smiled, ruffling his quiff as the teenager whined and flapped her hand away. 'Not the hair, Mum... And yeah, but I'm also really tired, but I want to do something and it's just - Ugh.'

'You could go hang out with the boys.'

'But that takes effort.'

'Salty much. Just take a nap or something while I start preparing lunch, you need to rest your leg anyway - Don't think I forgot about that.' She scolded, a glint of humour in her eyes as the dragon hybrid narrowed his eyes.

'Don't think I forgot either.'

'Hm. Well, I'm gonna go and start lunch, you get a nap; I'll call you down when it's ready.'

Lachlan just nodded, already drowsy as Marina rolled her eyes. 'Seriously Sweetie, did you even sleep for the last week? You've been falling asleep all over the place.'

'Pfft, nah. I've been-' pause to yawn- 'Dizzy. Dizzy? No, busy. A mix of both, maybe, I dunno. I'm not really tired though.'

'Say that to your face. I just so happen to have a sleeping potion in my bag, actually, so if you don't sleep in the next five minutes I will-' Her son leant into her side, tail curling neatly around his waist as his wing muscled loosened, and she smiled - He was asleep almost instantly, and she didn't even need to use the potion. 'Good rest, Lachy.'

~~~

'Hey, Vik, do you think we're going to see the boys again?'

'...Of course we will.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And with what's quite possibly the worst ending in the history of Pack fanfics, I present to you-

THE END OF MEMORY GLITCH :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

... Now I have nothing to do with my life, dang.

...

...

...

;)

A special announcement / update will be made later, but right now this thing just gotta be out.

O U T

BEGONE, PLOT.

See you all in the next l0rtn0c d3hctilg, and have a great Morning - Afternoon - Evening - Dawn - Dusk - Midnight - Paranormal Timezone!