Chapter 21

Welcome back!

NONE POV

Adrien and Mari talked like best friends about everything and they had a pretty good time. Suddenly the subject was Alya's birthday which was in three weeks. Marinette thought a lot about her birthday lately, she wanted her best friend to have the perfect birthday. A birthday she will never forget.

"I thought about a party. With all her friends from college and high school." Mari suggested and Adrien nodded. "Nino and I thougt about something like that, too. But we weren't sure what kind of party." she looked questionable at him and he chuckled at her face.
"I mean, more a disco, or is she more into gala? Or a wild pool party with hard music." Adrien pretended he was playing guitar and shook wild his head. Marinette started to laugh and wanted to film him, but he caught her looking at phone, and he immediately stopped with smirk.

"Well, I think she would love a disco." I suggested him and I took my old diary from my desk. There were some pages left, where I could write stuff for the party.

"So a disco party is it." Adrien nodded and smiled.
"I'll invite her high school friends because I know them, is that okay?" I asked him and wrote the end of my sentence.
"Sure, I'll invite her friends from college." He nodded.

"We need a place to have the party." I bite on the end of my pen and thougt about a good place.
"Well... We can ask if we could borrow the ballroom of the Grand Hotel?" Adrien smiled sheepishly and I nodded.
"I'll quickly go apologise to Lila, then I can fix the ballroom." Adrien stood up but Marinette stopped him by taking his arm. He turned around and looked at her.

"You're not gonna apologise to her to get that ballroom. You're gonna apologise on a proper way. And I want you to behave you like your age. So no yawning when you are bored, no annoying glares and no blamings." Marinette said strong and looked at her boyfriend.
She stood up from her chair and pulled Adrien with her out her room.

"We're gonna practice, it's gonna be fun, Adrien." she said while walking to her kitchen.
They both sat on a side and just looked at each other.

"For now, I'm Lila." she said and he nodded unsure.
"Look, we're gonna practice your date with her. Everything has to go perfect. So listen carefully."
she said and he smiled at Marinette.

"You are sitting at your table waiting for Lila to come."
"3.2.1. Now." she started.
Marinette walked to the table. "Good evening, Adrien." She smiled at Adrien and Adrien smiled awkwardly back. Marinette facepalmed and glared at her boyfriend. "A gentleman stands up and greets his date with a kiss on her cheek." She said and chuckled.
"Okay, again."

They practiced and practiced until they had the perfect results.

"Good evening, Adrien." Marinette said pretending to be Lila. Adrien stood gently up and kissed Marinette/Lila on the cheek. They both sat on their chairs.
They talked about stuff.
"I hope you don't mind if I mention something about Chloe." Mari/Lila said and Adrien fake smiled. "Lila, that's fine. You can talk about her, just remember she's one of my best friends." Adrien said gently and smiled at her. Marinette was impressed and nodded.
"Wow, good job Adrien. I'm impressed." Marinette winked at him and he laughed. "I'm doing this for my friendship with Lila." He smiled again and Marinette smiled back.

"Mari, I've a question, though. Don't it bothers you that I'm going on a date with her? I mean... She has a crush on me." His cheeks turned slightly red and Marinette chuckled and walked to her boyfriend.

"Adrien, I trust you, and I love you so much. I know how much Lila means to you, your friendship with her can't disappear. I won't let that happen." she smiled at him and gave him a kiss on his cheek.
"And I know how important friends are, I don't wanna see you sad. Seeing you happy makes me happy, remember." She said and he nodded.
"Yeah, I'm so happy everything is perfect between us again. And thanks for believing in me and trusting me. Your words mean the world to me, you know that?" He smiled at her and pecked her quick on the lips. She smiled "I'm glad to hear that. Because you know, Adrien. Everything that happened between us... I'll always remember it. Even the day you played with me. Hehe." Adrien started to blush when he thougt about that back... It was weird to think about that.

"I've the feeling I'm grown up, now. I was always a bit terrified of everything and everyone. But it changed when I met you." he said and gave a quick peck on her ear.
"The same here, Adrien." Marinette smiled at her boyfriend and looked proud at him. She was so happy she found her true love. And he was so happy he found his true love.

"Adrien... I just realised that we had lessons." Adrien looked pale at his girlfriend. "Oh my gosh, what's the time? It's 5pm. Yeah class's over." He sighed and I started to laugh. "Let's go to Lila, for the date and stuff." Adrien suggested and Mari nodded. "But wait, I'm gonna get fast my diary with the stuff for Alyas birthday." She said and ran upstairs. A half minute later she came downstairs with a smile. "This is my childhood, I wrote here everyday in. Oh I'm so excited to read it again." Marinette sighed happy and smiled.
"Wait, first I quickly wanna write my parents a letter we were here. It takes two minutes." She over smiled at Adrien and he laughed. "Marinette, take your time." He smiled warm and she smiled back.

Mama and papa! Adrien and I were here to visit, but you weren't here. So here a letter. I miss you 😞 I'll come and visit the following weekend ;).

A lot kisses and hugs
Marinette xoxo

Adrien felt tears in his eyes but didn't want to show it.
"Adrien, what's wrong?" She asked him and left her hand on his cheek.
"Nothing, it's just that this reminds of my mother. I missed her so bad. But I'm happy she's back." He wiped some tears from his eyes and smiled at his girlfriend.
"She's here now, don't worry." She smiled at her and he smiled back.
Marinette took gently Adriens hand and they closet the bakery. Marinette lay the key under the mat at the door and then they left together with a smile.

TO BE CONTINUED...