Her

*Aleria POV*

I opened the door to my house slightly embarrassed since I have not once in my life brought a boy over to my house. Especially not one I just met less than two hours ago.

"Mom?" I called just as a tall woman with a long brown braid came around the corner. She was already in her flannel pajamas with a smile on her face "Aleria you're late dar -" Reyna stopped talking at the first sight of Miles. She stood opened mouthed as pale as a ghost.

"Mom this is.." I trailed not being able to form a sentence. What was a I going to say? 'This is your lost love's son'? No frucking way. "Jason?" My mom asked still slightly dazed looking. Miles only shook his head politely with a soft smile. "Close but I'm Miles... His son."

My mom stared at him for a moment as if her heart had broken. As if all her hope drained out of her. "Oh of course. Well come on I just made dinner... Does this mean your father finally married Piper?" Reyna said walking into the kitchen. Dinner was ready. My mom liked to cook so of course it was something she had made. Homemade potato soup. My favorite. A smile spread across my face as I sat down at the table and started shoveling the soup in my mouth with out thinking or hesitation. How embarrassing. "Uh.. Well Piper is my mom but she left my dad when I was a baby. I have no explanation as to why but I never seen her anymore." Miles said politely as my mom set a bowl of soup in front of him.

He too was famished and started digging in. "Anything to drink you two?" She asked politely. "Hot chocolate" both Miles and I said at the same time. A small laugh escaped all of our lips as my mom got us both hot chocolate and a coke for herself before sitting down.

All of the talk of this other woman and of the past faded into laughter as we ate. Simple as that. Us eating as if we had known Miles before he ever came to New Rome.