Chapter 3

Meredith P.O.V.

"So have you met Baby Shepherd?" I asked Christina in the cafeteria. "She looks exactly like him and she follows him around everywhere."

"Shepherd has a kid?"

"Yeah."

"Well is she smart, or is she a dud living in her fathers shadow like you?" She jokes around about me and how my mother was Ellis Grey, creator of the Grey Method and how I'm always compared to her now.

"Yeah, I met her in his office today and she was pretending to do surgery on her homework. It was pretty weird because I used to do the same thing when I was little." This little girl was probably one of the smartest kids I've ever seen and she reminded me a lot of how I was when I was her age, running around the hospital with my Anatomy Jane doll looking for my mom who was always busy in surgery. The only difference is that her dad actually saw her and didn't pretend that she doesn't exist.

"Aww, that's  so cute. Are you going to become her best friend." Christina said sarcastically.

"Anyway I got to catch up with Shepherd and his little sheep now."

Mae P.O.V

My dad always looked so handsome in his ferry boat scrub cap. He looked up at me and muttered his favorite saying 'It's a Beautiful Day to Save Lives' I said it along with him as he went to work trying to save Katie from an aneurysm, with Dr. Grey by his side.

It took 4 hours for him to complete the surgery and it went off without a hitch and he went to tell the parents that while I went and got my school bag.

I waited outside the locker room for him to change out of his scrubs so we could go home.

"You ready to go?" He said as he came out.

"Yup! I'm starving."

"Your always hungry." He said with a smile on his face. "Let's get something to eat."

* * *

We arrived back home, well, back to the trailer, since we've only been in this city for a month or so now and we went inside to eat and watch a movie. Tonight we chose to watch Indiana Jones: The Raiders of the Lost Ark.

As the movie wrapped up my dad started getting up and dressed to go out.

"Where ya going?" I asked puzzled as to why he was putting on his favorite red button up.

"I'm meeting a few other colleagues down at the bar." He sounded excited like he was finally getting used to living here. "Can I trust you to stay here by yourself?"

"Of course you can." Were in the middle of nowhere the only other threat up here is a bear or a deer. "Have fun!"

"Thanks. You be in bed by the time that I come back."

"I will." I said giving him an eye-roll.

"And keep the door locked."

"Okay, now go meet up with your friends."