Chapter 7

Mae P.O.V.

I was in my room reading a book that Dr. Grey had brought for me when I heard a familiar voice out in the hallway. I looked up and saw someone with long, red hair standing at the nurses station.

"Mom?" I yelled out. "Is that you?" She turned around seeing me.

"Mae!" She walked over wrapping me in a hug. "Are you okay?" She asked looking at my left leg.

"I'm fine. You got here quick." I laughed as she sat down on the bed trying to avoid all the IV lines. "Have you seen dad yet?"

"No, I wanted to see you first." She said. "Your my baby girl. You wanna go see him together." She asked turning to look for a doctor.

"Dr. Grey." I yelled out as I saw her walking passed the door. She stopped and turned walking into the room. "This is my mom. She came to check on me and my dad." I explained to her trying to remove the confused look she had on her face when she saw my mom in the room. "Can you take me to my dad's room?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was actually just down there. He was asking to see you." She answered. "Are you coming too?" She asked my mom. My mom nodded and Dr. Grey grabbed a wheelchair and started transferring me and the IV to the chair.

We started walking toward the CCU, my mom on my right and Dr. Grey pushing me. I saw my dad as we approached and he noticed that mom was walking with me and his smile turned down.

"Addison, you got here so quick." He spoke up as we entered the room.

"Well, when you tell me that my daughter was shot, I'm not going to take my time, Derek." She stood at the end of my dad's bed.

"Yeah, but I did say that we were both fine. We were both talking to you on the phone so it couldn't be that bad." He looked down at the end of the bed as Dr. Grey exited the room after making sure nothing was twisted on my IV.

"Mom, we're both fine. But, I am glad your here." I gave her a smile as she came over grabbing my shoulders.

"When are you going home?" She asked looking at Derek. "It looks like both of you are healthy."

"I think Mae was to be discharged today or tomorrow and I'll be probably be soon after her." He looked and saw Dr. Burke at the nurse's desk. "Go ask Dr. Burke." He nodded toward him. She walked over to him and started talking as I looked back to my dad and smiled.

"Well, she's here. You can't avoid her anymore." I looked him in his bright, blue eyes. "Your also going to have to tell her about Meredith." I gave him a smile.

"Meredith? What about her?" He asked confused.

"I know that you spent the night with her. I know so you don't have to hide it." I smirked at him. "I'm very good at reading people."

"Ugh, when did you figure it out?" he asked surprised.

"The day after when you were both in your office. Meredith was a bit shy around you and she is not the kind of person to be shy." I gave him a chuckle as mom walked back in to the room.

"What's going on here?" She asked seeing both of us laughing.

"Nothing. What did he say?" Dad asked changing the subject. "When can we go home?"

"Mae is being discharged today and you, if your healed enough, you can go home today as well." She replied looking happy. "Are you still living in that trailer?"

"Yeah, I haven't had the time to look for a house." My dad looked disappointed. "But, now that your here maybe you can take Mae and look at a couple that I lined up." He looked over at mom hopeful she'll say yes.

"Yeah, I guess so." My mom rolled her eyes at him. "Anything to get you guys out of that trailer."

"Hey, I have to bring Mae back up to her room." Dr. Grey walked in. "But, if everything is alright with her examination she'll be back a free little girl." She gave me a smile as she wheeled me out of the room.

Derek P.O.V.

"So, are you and Dr. Grey a thing?" She suddenly asked once they were both out of the room.

"What? Why would you assume that?" I tried to play it off.

"Well, just the way she looks at you." She walked over and sat on the side of the bed. "And the fact that she's taking such good care of Mae. You could say like her own daughter." She said sarcastically.

"Huhh, your right. We hooked up a couple weeks ago and I've been trying to hide it from Mae, but I just learned that she's known this whole time."

"Of course she did. If you haven't noticed she's a pretty smart 10-year old." She sarcastically pointed out. "And you haven't really hid it really well."

"I guess it is pretty obvious."

"Yeah, but I get it we're divorced and you're moving on." Addison said. "Your allowed to be happy, Derek." She gave me the smile that I first fell in love with.

"Thanks. I think Seattle is going to be good to us." I said enthusiastically. "Mae has already gotten close with a bunch of my colleagues and friends." I gave her another smile.

"I'm back." Mae entered the room this time without the IV pole but, with a pair of crutches in her hand. "Did you miss me?" She laughed.

"Of course we did." Addison laughed back. "Why don't we get something to eat."

"Okay, See you later, dad." She said as she got out of the wheelchair and started using her crutches.

"See you later, sweetheart."