Jared

I wasn't even fazed when the door opened, and my mother screamed. "JARED! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY COUCH?!" I looked up to see my mother standing horrified before me, her eyes darting from toe burnt couch cushion, to me, and back to the couch. "Releasing some of that amazing power you so graciously blessed me with." I said nonchalantly, still swirling the flames with my fingers. I saw my father walk in. It didn't matter much to me, until I noticed the water bottle in his hand. Not again...

I clenched my fist, destroying the small flames I held in my hand. I quickly stood up and backed away. "Jared," Jace began in a calm, too calm voice. "What did you do to my wife's couch?" He took a step closer to me. "I burned it." I said bluntly. "And why is that?" I knew what he was doing. I saw my mother leave, glaring at me the whole way to the stairs. I couldn't let Jace win. I pushed away the stinging feeling in my eyes. "Jared..."

"I couldn't control it-"

"DO NOT FUCKING LIE TO ME JARED!" Jace held the bottle tighter. I tried to control the shakiness in my voice. "I'm not lying. I sat down, I leaned back, the couch caught fire. End. Of. Story."

Jace unscrewed the bottle and grabbed my left arm. He rolled up the sleeve, slightly smirking when he saw the gauze. He carelessly unwrapped it, exposing my fairly new cuts to the air. It stung. The stinging was nothing compared to the pain I experienced as the water was poured onto my arm. I screamed as it burned my arm, reopening the cuts I'd made before Evan came over. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes, and Jace only dug his nails into the burns. I dropped to my knees and sobbed, screaming louder a my tears burned my face. My hair blazed, burning the coffee table I was next to, but Jace didn't seem the least bit concerned.

Jace let go of my arm. He walked into the bathroom, then exited soon after with a towel. "Clean yourself up." He said, tossing the towel to me, then turning to the stairs. "And put out that godforsaken fire." I clenched my fists in rebellion, causing my hair to burn brighter. "Unless you want a shower. That can be easily arranged." Jace said with a smile before going up the stairs. I released my fists, holding back my screams as more tears slipped out of my eyes. I gathered up the flames and smothered them with the towel. I pressed the towel to my arm, watching it turn dark red.

I walked into my room and locked the door behind me. I went to my bathroom and pulled out more gauze. I choked on a sob as I saw the burnt and bloodied skin on my arm. I began wrapping the gauze around my right arm. Turning to my left arm, I was greeted with a puff os steam. It reminded me of Evan.

I looked down at my arm. My jaw dropped at the sight of no scars. How? My mind wandered to when Evan shook my hand. No burn, just steam. Then to when Evan grabbed my arm to ask for my number. Steam. My eyes moved back to my unmarked skin on my left arm. Evan was a healer...

I was a destroyer.

Eyyyy officially 3 chapters of Steam! I'm really excited about this book, I have some... interesting plans for it. Please vote and comment on my book, it helps so much. Love you guys!
- Ares