Evan

I'd left Jared's house in quite a hurry. My mom came home early today and was waiting at home without me. I started running . Jared and I lived a few good ten blocks away from each other, and I had no time to waste. My hood flew off my head, revealing my hair. It grazed a nearby tree branch, and before I knew it ice shards were shooting out of it. I gasped. I rarely left my house, so this was quite the sight to behold for any passerby. I pressed the palm of my hand onto the trunk of the tree, watching the ice crush and fall away from the branch. I pulled my hood back on my head and continued running, resulting in me crashing into someone. Great. We both fell to the ground.

"O-Oh, god, I-I'm so s-sor-sorry." I said to the boy. "It's totally fine." He said. I looked up. He had white, pasty skin with dark brown hair that looked to be burn at the end. It was much longer than I'd expected for a boy his age, but it suited him well. He looked to be about the same age as me, and had blue eyes with a bit of brown in the right one. I don't know what it was, but I was suddenly very into him.

"No worries. I wasn't looking where I was going, sorry." He stared deep into my eyes, and I think I might actually melt. "I'm Connor." He says as he reaches out his hand. "E-Evan." I said, shaking his hand without breaking eye contact. I reluctantly let go of Connor's hand and slowly stood up. "You probably have somewhere else to be." Connor said. "Y-yeah..."

"Well I'll see you around, Evan." He said seductively. "O-okay..." He strode past me. What the heck was that? Do I like him? No, I just met him. Plus, I'm straight. Right? I thought about this as I walked home.

"Evan, honey, where were you?" My mom asked me once I walked in. "I m-met someone and they in-invited me o-over for a-a bit." I saw my mom smile widely. "Oh, Ev, you made a friend!" She squealed excitedly. My legs began shaky all of a sudden, and I fell onto a nearby chair, soaking it and feeling ice spikes. Connor...

"Evan are you okay? You don't usually act like this. Should I call Dr. Sherman?" My mom asked worriedly. "No mom. I'm just t-tired." I said. I picked myself up and walked into my room. I flopped down face first into my bed and sighed deeply. Dinner was a complete blur. I told mom about my new friend Jared and how he was a fire elemental. In all honesty, that felt so small compared to meeting Connor.

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling. All I could see were Connor's eyes. No matter what I tried, that's all I could see. Heck, that's all I wanted to see. They were just so amazing. I wanted to wake up to those eyes every morning and fall asleep to them every night. I wanted to stare into those eyes every time we broke apart from a kiss. I wanted his eyes. I needed his eyes.

I woke up to my alarm blaring "Brooklyn Crush", one of my favorite musicals. I sat up and my mind immediately flew to Connor. And his eyes... I didn't normally leave the house, especially not on a weekend, but something was telling me to go today. I stood up and got dressed. I twirled around the house and skipped out of the door. I turned the corner and saw the beautiful Connor. It looked like the world slowed down for a bit. His hair flew so perfectly in the wind, his eyes taking in the sights around him, glistening...

"Hey Evan." Connor said. I snapped out of my trance and smiled at him. "H-hey Connor."

"Where're you headed to?" He asked. "Oh, nowhere in par-particular." I responded. " Why don't you come with me? I was just taking a walk anyway, why don't you join me?" I nodded my head vigorously.

"So, Evan, what do you like to do?" Connor asked me. I thought he'd never ask. "Well, I really like trees. There's this forest n-near here that I go to and sort of play around with m-my powers." There was something different about Connor. I'd always been cautious of people for fear of being judged, or just messing up. But Connor was just so accepting. I've never met anyone like that other than my mom.

"Okay, then we'll go there." Conor answered with a smile.