Chap. 5: The Soul Sacrifice

Geno's eyes widened the magic power waking him up from the trance. He immediately started coughing rather violently too, the magic power had somehow irritated his everlasting wound.

He collapsed as Khloe broke through the door bending down to her brother's side. "Geno? Geno? Geno! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

She grabbed the back of his head and the back of his back trying to heal him. The rush of magic power nullified her own so she couldn't heal him, Geno kept coughing till he coughed up blood as the circle was enfulged in light.

The magic had drained him to much of his little magic mana. "Khloe!" The green eyed girl froze, she recognized that voice.

She stood up and dropping Geno back onto the floor. "Life..." She summoned her scythe, the tip of the weapon dragging on the ground creating a horrifying screeching sound. Much much less than satisfying.

The tall white furred goat glared at the summoning circle, the angels behind her standing at attention. She beckoned a angel to walk over to her. "Angel, destroy the summoning circle and get the mortal after." The young girl just nodded as her sister stared at her, mortified.

"Angel... Don't do this..." Khloe raised her weapon and stood in front of the circle, protecting it. She knew Life's weakness and all the rest of the angels weakness.

Angels were cocky, over confident of there own power. Her sister didn't even regard her, summoning her short dagger and pointing it at Khloe in a battle stance.

Khloe's facial expressions hardened, bringing the scythe in front of her. "You can't stop him, Tori." The mention of her name seemed to snap Life out of her daze if staring at the circle.

"I will."

Khloe grinned blocking the circle's path from everyone, she knew Reaper was watching this in amusement. He was just waiting for to throw right time to strike.

Life took a step towards Khloe, and the younger waved her scythe towards her. Life just smiled, nodding and beckoning with her fingers. The angels all readied there weapons, aiming all at Khloe.

"Surrender or pay the price, Khloe."

She opened her mouth to respond before she felt a bony hand on her shoulder, pushing her back. And for once she listened stepping back and letting the King of devils step forward.
"It's okay, Tori..." He said his voice silky soft, yet dangerous and husky. "We won't be the ones to pay the price."

Khloe bowed, her scythe disappearing elegantly onto her back. As Reaper picked up Geno's unconscious body. "You'll be the ones too."

Aw sugar honey ice tea.
This wasn't how I wanted it to end XD
But I promised someone I would update today.
Sorry for updating so late.