Chapter 23||The Word

"Please."

That was the last word Reaper might ever hear from Geno.

"Please."

One word and Reaper understood the longing behind his tone, and right then and there he swore to survive for Geno's sake.

Geno had cut Reaper's heart open and filled it with passionate love, a yearning he had only felt towards his friends. It was commonly believed demons couldn't love, that was not entirely true, as most love stemmed from lust of power and greed. However, many demons did fall in love in their lives, with other demons or sometimes humans.

Geno had begged Reaper to stay, 'stay with me. Forever. Please.' Yet Reaper had left, because he was a king, and the crown he wore was a halo of thorns and was heavy upon his head.

By the time Reaper had left, Geno had found Cross. Collar still attached, sitting in one of the many rooms in the mansion, shy yet sweet. And Geno found it good to have a human companion in the hellish world.

"My owner is Nightmare," he muttered, blush dusting his cheeks. "He's sweet sometimes, when he thinks no one is looking." Cross chuckles and Geno refills his water.

"He's like you," Cross continues, "Reaper, He's your owner, right?" And Geno has hurriedly replies with denial though Cross smiled a knowing smile.

"They're not coming back, you know." Cross bursts out after a few moments of silence, and Geno saw the silent facade turn into one of alarm.

"They can't, they can't win." Cross yells once again, derived from his usual quiet persona and doubt laced deep into his tone.

"Trust them." Geno comforts, bringing his arms to delicately touch the others shoulders and Cross relaxes under his touch and Geno is relieved, because he doesn't know if he believes himself.

if any of you read my other books, please don't request any chapters. my guinea pig has just passed away and i can't even touch someone