Chapter 24||Dark Eyes, Quiet Skies

There's nothing more terrifying than watching a hero turn into a villain.

The skies was covered in flashes of bright lights, blinking in and out of existence as two powerful beings clashed. The speed the two fought at couldn't be seen by a demon, or angel eye. There was simply nothing but godly aura radiating through the blood colored sky.

Sister against sister.

Friends against friends.

Family against family.

There was no ties to this war, whoever you fought for. You fought for. Even Error could barely wrap his head around the battle.

He had almost exceeded his magic limit, and the battle seemed to be just beginning. But he would keep standing, because somewhere the in the chaos was Ink.

Reaper knew those eyes.

Blood red eyes, condescending and emotionless. There was something so dead and captivating at the same time.

It was the eyes of a genocidal killer.

Chara.

The epitome of destruction, an angel of chaos.

This was not Life, but destruction hidden in a decoy.

"Reaper!"

He whipped around to see Geno running across the battlefield, barely dodging harm. Almost tripping around his clothing and the bodies decorating the blood covered the ground like a badly made cake.

In that moment of broken concentration, the thing took its chance.

Spear met bone, and bone met the ground.

Demons felt it resonate within them. The darkness of the void, and they knew what had happened.

"Reaper! Reaper! Oh my god, oh no," Geno ran towards the heap on the ground, chanting under his breath as if it would magically bring the other back to rightful health.

Blood dripped from the gods mouth, dark red forming a pool under him and eyes darkening quietly in resignation.

"No, no, no, no, no! Stay with me, fight it!" Geno cried, tears running down his cheeks endlessly as a spark of sadness lit in Reaper's onyx eyes and he knew his time had come to. 

He began to close his eyes.

Before a presence on the battlefield brought him back to consciousness, it was a strange presence. Two people, with the same aura. Different mana, and different souls.

Two girls, one dressed in white, adorned with a crown of olive leaves. The other wrapped in black, dragging a scythe behind her. Red eyes burning into your soul.

"Peace and Chaos..." Reaper muttered, and Geno stilled, kissing him on the head.

The girl in white stopped by Reaper and Geno. Her small figure bending down, a kind smile spread on her face as the other stood still behind. The grin never faltering.

The girl in white put a hand on Geno's shoulder, and a wave of peace swept over him unwillingly. "Do not worry, Geno." She smiled at him reassuringly, and he nodded reluctantly.

Not a second later he realized he was glowing, "Oh my god..." he muttered, staring at his hands incredulously.

"Not quite," muttered the girl in black, smiling innocently as the other stared at her in annoyance.

"I am Frisk, and this is Chara. We are the Gods of Peace and Chaos. For there is no peace without chaos," she smiled reluctantly, pulling him upwards onto his knees.

"Trust, in him."