31. Answers Part 5

I love answering religious questions. So, I scoured the internet to find some questions Christians have for atheists, and here's what I've got!

1. Are you absolutely sure there is no God? If not, then is it not possible that there is a God? And if it is possible that God exists, then can you think of any reason that would keep you from wanting to look at the evidence?

Are you absolutely sure there is a God? If not, then is it possible that there is no God? See how when turned around it doesn't really make sense? No, I am not absolutely sure there is no God. No human mind can be 100% certain about anything. They just think they can be. I'm pretty damn close to 100%, but I can never be 100% certain about anything. The reason I don't want to look at the evidence is because there isn't any substantial evidence to look at!

2. Would you agree that intelligently designed things call for an intelligent designer of them? If so, then would you agree that evidence for intelligent design in the universe would be evidence for a designer of the universe?

I disagree. Intelligently designed things don't require an intelligent designer. Just look at the Universe! This is a common argument I see from creationists all the time. Simply because the Universe is complex does NOT mean it had to have been created by something powerful and equally complex.

3. Would you agree that nothing cannot produce something? If so, then if the universe did not exist but then came to exist, wouldn't this be evidence of a cause beyond the universe?

Nothing did produce something - the Universe! We don't quite understand how this works yet, but if it was so far-fetched and impossible, the majority of scientists in the world who support the Big Bang theory wouldn't support it!

4. Would you agree with me that just because we cannot see something with our eyes—such as our mind, gravity, magnetism, the wind—that does not mean it doesn't exist?

I agree wholeheartedly! However, this argument is ridiculous. Simply because I cannot see God I should be more inclined to believe in him? It's certainly not the opposite, but I don't understand how this is an argument.

5. In the light of the Big Bang evidence for the origin of the universe, is it more reasonable to believe that no one created something out of nothing or someone created something out of nothing?

No "one" person had to have created the Universe. The Universe did not need an intelligent designer.

6. If an effect cannot be greater than its cause (since you can't give what you do not have to give), then does it not make more sense that mind produced matter than that matter produced mind, as atheists say?

Matter most certainly produced mind. Human evolution is unequivocal proof of this. Simply because the mind is extremely complex and intelligent doesn't mean the creator (matter, in this case) has to be a divine being.

7. Is there anything wrong anywhere? If so, how can we know unless there is a moral law?

There is no such thing as moral law. Nothing is right, nothing is wrong. Nothing is good, nothing is bad. So the answer is no. There isn't anything wrong anywhere. Unless it's something literal such as mathematics, where 2 + 2 = 4 is inherently right (correct would be a better word).

8. If every law needs a lawgiver, does it not make sense to say a moral law needs a Moral Lawgiver?

Since there is no such thing as divine moral law, the answer is no. Morality is a man-made concept with nothing inherently divine about it.

9. Would you agree that it takes a cause to make a small glass ball found in the woods? And would you agree that making the ball larger does not eliminate the need for a cause? If so, then doesn't the biggest ball of all (the whole universe) need a cause?

No. Nothing needs a divine cause. Things just happen. Nothing happens for a divine reason.

10. If there is a cause beyond the whole finite (limited) universe, would not this cause have to be beyond the finite, namely, non-finite or infinite?

There is no divine cause, so no.

11. In the light of the anthropic principle (that the universe was fine-tuned for the emergence of life from its very inception), wouldn't it make sense to say there was an intelligent being who pre-planned human life?

Life just happened to form, I don't believe in the anthropic principle being something to take seriously. It's an interesting philosophical concept, but not reality. We're (humanity) just a big "accident", per se, it's not like we've been destined to appear or anything special like that.

12. What if you're wrong?

I'll burn in the Christian Hell. Or be reincarnated into a donkey. Or go to the thousands of other types of hells/afterlifes of the 4,200 religions in the world. I honestly don't give a fuck about where I'm going because I know it's nowhere. I'm not worried, and I shouldn't have to be.

13. Do you believe in objective truth?

I believe in objective truth with matters such as mathematics, where (as I've stated previously) 2+2=4 is an objective truth, there's no getting around that. But an objective truth with philosophical matters or anything related, no. However, there has to be an objective truth about the Universe and it's origins, and I believe I understand that truth.

14. If there is no God, why can't we do anything we want?

We can. Humans have created something called morality and the justice system to keep our species going. If we didn't create morals or laws we wouldn't be able to survive as a species, and our evolutionary instincts kick in and keep us going and thriving as a species.

15. What about miracles?

What about them? A bunch of bullshit to be brutally honest. There have been tons of accounts of fraudulent "miracle workers" discovered, and a true miracle doesn't exist unless we can completely understand everything about nature and reality itself to truly deem something a "miracle". Also, ever heard of luck?

16. If there is no God, why does every society have a religion?

Because humans needed answers. Way back in the day when we were forming truly intelligent minds, we didn't have the simple answers about reality and nature that we've scientifically discovered nowadays. We created religions as a way to answer those questions. That's why religions reflect the culture of the society that wrote them. The Bible was written during a time where rape and sexual assault wasn't considered evil, that's why the Bible makes no mention of rape being a sin and actually includes many different accounts of sexual assault, harassment, and enslavement. Hinduism has their caste system woven into their religion as well. Bibles are just storybooks to answer questions we now have the answers to.

17. How do you deal with guilt and sin in your life?

If I fuck up, I get mad at myself and move on. I feel bad for religious folks who have to constantly worry about sinning and shit to avoid burning in hell for all eternity. Except most Christians, who all they have to do is believe and get a free ride up to heaven. Lucky bastards. Anyway, I don't have a fancy way to deal with my mistakes. When I do something I'm not proud of, I own up to it and move on. I don't need to ask forgiveness or shit like that - forgiveness from myself is most important to me.