32. The Contradictions of the Afterlife

The Christian version of the Afterlife is highly flawed and confusing. The main concept is that as long as one believes in God, they get immediate access into Heaven. If they believe, they are forgiven, and they receive eternal pleasure in Heaven with God after death. 

That is what I have heard from Christians from all sorts of mediums my entire life. I have heard a FEW Christians on here that disagree, but that's 2 out of hundreds upon hundreds of times I have come into contact with the "all you have to do is believe" belief. 

Here's a hypothetical situation that will shed some light on how flawed the concept of the Afterlife is. Let's say a man, called John Smith, rapes and murders 28 women as the most notorious serial killer in the country over a span of ten years. He is finally caught and sentenced to life in prison. As he reaches his last days, he asks God for forgiveness, and God grants it to him simply because John Smith was a devoted Christian his entire life. 

Let's also say that John Smith continued desiring the rush and thrill of raping and murdering women long after he was placed in prison, up until the day he finally died. 

Heaven is supposed to be a place where each person can  be eternally joyful. John Smith, the infamous serial rapist and murderer, was a devoted Christian whose only ideal afterlife was an afterlife of being able to rape and murder as many women as he pleased. 

Since he was a Christian, he was granted passage into Heaven. Now what? John Smith wants to live out his fantastic raping and murdering fantasies for eternity in God's kingdom of joy. 

Does God let him? He was a devoted Christian. Here's where the ultimate paradox arises: If God allows John Smith, a devoted Christian, to live out his ideal joyful afterlife, God would be allowing sin, or at least the raw idea of it to enter Heaven, even if it was only John Smith's idea Heaven. 

If God refuses, it would be depriving John Smith of his eternal happiness and only desires, therefore negating the entire idea of Heaven and making it something else entirely. 

God can't change John Smith's idea of happiness into something good, or else it would be infringing John Smith's free will of thought. 

What will God do? No matter what, it will always contradict the idea of Heaven and negate the entire purpose of Heaven. It doesn't make sense. Not every Christian's idea of happiness will fit into God's set of morals that are allowed in Heaven. The entire concept turns on its head once you give it some actual thought. 

From a mathematical point of view, Heaven cannot exist as a perfect, harmonious kingdom. According to Murphy's Law, "everything that can go wrong, will go wrong", which also ends up being "everything that can happen, will happen". Read The Quantum Universe by theoretical physicists Jeff Forshaw and Brian Cox for an extremely detailed look at this law and how it affects our Universe. 

Here's where Heaven comes into it. Heaven is infinite. It is eternal, like God. According to Murphy's Law, given an infinite amount of time (like Heaven itself), anything that can possible happen will happen. This leads to a plethora of paradoxes within that law itself regarding Heaven. 

I've asked Christians before, "could a person do something in Heaven that could send them to Hell?", and most have responded with "yes". 

If this is true, that means that since Heaven is infinite, every person will eventually do something in Heaven that will ultimately send them to Hell. That means that every single person who enters Heaven will eventually end up in Hell, given Heaven's infinite amount of time. 

This makes no sense if Heaven is to be taken seriously. A person could never be able to stay in Heaven eternally, for Murphy's Law directly contradicts this. 

If one were to say "Heaven doesn't abide by any scientific laws or rules", that would negate the entire religion and prove every atheist's point that God doesn't exist. If science can't back up or explain a religion, there is no reason at all to keep believing that religion or to take it serious. Science is powerful. Without that, nothing can stand. 

If one were to say, "nothing a person does in Heaven can send them to Hell", that would mean that according to Murphy's Law, a person will commit every type of sin that the Bible warns against, which will destroy the whole concept of Heaven. 

As you can see, Heaven makes no sense. From anywhere you look, it doesn't hold up. It's too flawed of an idea to stand up on its own. 

Another interesting concept that doesn't make sense is the concept of God's "Plan". Christians tell me time and time again that the reasons bad things happen is due to God's ultimate "Plan" or that "God works in mysterious ways" or "God is too complex", which are all bogus excuses. 

Evil exists in this world because God wants it to exist. Here's why:

Here's another hypothetical situation that will make you rethink the entire concept of God's "Plan". 

God is standing at the end of a yard. He wants to get a baseball from one end of the yard to another. Since he is God, he can simply "poof" the ball to the end of the yard without doing anything. He is all-powerful since he is God.

However, God chooses to go out his way to throw the baseball to the end of the yard. Why would he throw the baseball rather than just make it be at the end of the yard where he wants? It's not like he had to, he is God. He can literally do whatever he wants. No one was forcing him to throw the ball. If he wanted the baseball to get the experience of being thrown across the yard in order to get across, why not just let the ball get the experience without the pain of being thrown?

If God wants the baseball to learn a lesson, he doesn't have to throw it. He can simply make the baseball learn the lesson without doing any extra hard work or inflicting pain on the baseball by throwing it. God is God. He is all-powerful. The only reason he threw the ball is because he wanted to. There is no other reason for him to throw the ball rather than just make it be at the end of the yard. 

This scenario relates to God and his "Plan" for humanity. Why force humanity to suffer? If he wants us to learn a lesson, simply make it so we have learned an eliminate suffering? With the amount of suffering in this world, it would be impossible to have an all-loving and all-benevolent God watching over us. 

Another interesting thought, why can God be considered benevolent and all-good and all-loving if he has literally committed mass-murder, and by doing so breaking one of his own commandments?