Finchel- Fall Dances and Cannibals

A/N: This was requested by @StarOfLightning!  Thanks for requesting, I hope you enjoy it!

It was 9:30 on a Saturday night and Rachel Berry was pacing her room. The autumn dance was in a week and she had no one to go with. Her dads had already gotten her a dress so she had to go, and she refused to go dateless. She was running through a list of options. Kidnapping was too risky, even Rachel drew a line there. She'd even rather go alone than go with Jacob, the disgusting Jewish boy with the Afro. Rachel had nothing against Jewish people, she herself was a Jew. Rachel was about to throw herself on the bed in despair when she glanced at her history book and got an idea. What the hell, she thought. I have no better ideas. Plus it's harmless. Sort of. Rachel sat down at her desk and flipped open her laptop. 'Lima, Ohio founding date', she typed. 1794. She scrawled down the date on a sticky note and left it on her desk. It was too late to go out anywhere tonight, her dads would get angry. She'd just have to start her plan tomorrow after school. Rachel went to bed with a smile on her face that night.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Rachel woke up the next morning invigorated. She worked out on her elliptical for thirty minutes, showered, and threw on a sweater, plaid skirt, and knee-high socks with sequins lining the top. She glanced at herself in the mirror; Rachel Berry looked amazing. "Morning dads!" She said cheerily as she skipped downstairs. Both her dads were sitting at the table, nursing their coffees. "Morning Rachel," her dad Hiram replied.

Rachel's dads weren't morning people, but Hiram always seemed to perk up first. Her dads didn't have much to say that morning, even if they did, Rachel didn't have time to listen. She grabbed a vegan granola bar and rushed out the door. "I'll be getting home a bit later tonight."

"Okay just don't stay out too late!" her dads replied in unison; it wasn't every day they got rid of Rachel.

The school day seemed to drag on. Quinn Fabray, head of the Cheerios, wouldn't stop bragging about her date, Noah Puckerman. Noah, who usually went by Puck, was the school's badass. He threw kids in the dumpster and stole lunch money. Unlike most bullies though, he was stunningly good-looking, with a sharp jawline and a smirk which always seemed to be on his face. Girls loved him. He wasn't Rachel's type, but she would have definitely gone with him if he had asked her. But he hadn't.

A rumor was going around about Puck and Quinn going together. Quinn had supposedly asked Finn to be her date, but he had turned her down. Finn was apparently turning down every girl that asked him. That was Santana gossip though and who knew if it was actually true. Rachel hoped it was true. The thought of Quinn Fabray getting rejected was satisfying. Even pretty, popular cheerleaders could get turned down sometimes. Thinking about this kept Rachel motivated through the day and finally the bell signaling the end of the day rang and she dashed out to her car.

She had everything she needed in the back of her car already. Rachel had loaded her trunk in the morning when she ran out to the garage to get her car. There was a large blanket, a shovel, two bottles of water, trail mix, a knife, and a thick book about necromancy. She hopped in the car, pressed down the gas pedal, and drove to the Lima cemetery. Since it was still light out, she couldn't start digging, but she could look for a grave. There were three important things she needed to look for on the grave: a boy's name, a date close to the early 1800s (no one could have ancestors that would care about their loved one's body being dug up now), and an age. She didn't want to go to the autumn dance with a 50-year-old. Rachel was already getting ahead of herself. Necromancy could be fake. Even though it was probably going to be a waste of her time, she wandered around the cemetery until 8, looking for a grave. Finally, she came across the one.