Klaine- Surprise Party

A/N: I decided to write a one shot in honor of Kurt's birthday today! I hope you guess you guys enjoy it! In addition, the title picture is provided by my best friend, StarOfLightning ! Thank you so so much for making a meme for my story!!

Kurt's birthday started with a phone call. "Hello?" he said groggily.

"Good morning, Kurt!" Blaine's cheery voice seemed to blare from the phone. "Do you want to go out for breakfast to start off your birthday?"

"It'll take me at least an hour to get ready," Kurt warned.

Blaine chuckled. "That's okay. I'll see you in an hour and fifteen minutes then."

After Blaine hung up, Kurt sighed. His bed was so warm; he didn't expect to have to leave it for at least another hour or two. Although it wasn't too bad that his boyfriend wanted to do something for his birthday. Boyfriend. Kurt never thought he'd ever use that word to describe Blaine. He and Blaine had been going out for a few months and everything was going wonderfully.

Kurt got out of bed, shivering. He hadn't realized how warm he was in bed until he wasn't there. Kurt stopped in front of his closet, searching through various shirts and pants, trying to create the perfect outfit. He decided on a pair of skinny jeans, and a gray and white short sleeved shirt. The weather app said it was supposed to be warm today.

Kurt left his room and approached the bathroom door. He tried turning the knob, but it was locked. Kurt knocked on the door. "Hurry up," he complained.

"I'll only be a few more minutes, Kurt, honey," Carole replied. "Happy birthday by the way!"

"Thank you," Kurt said. He was never really sure what to say to 'happy birthday'.

Kurt waited outside the door until Carole came out. He checked his phone, replying to several birthday messages, most of which were from Rachel. She had spammed him with a variety of birthday themed stickers and gifs. When he hadn't replied to that, she sent embarrassing picture of Kurt and commented on how much he had grown since last year. Kurt had gotten more lowkey texts from Brittany, Tina, Quinn, and even Santana. Mercedes made a picture collage of the two of them and sent that with confetti emojis. Kurt replied to all the messages, even Rachel's fifty messages. He was touched that he got messages. Two years ago, he wouldn't have gotten any messages. Kurt looked up when the bathroom door swung open. Carole stepped out and gave Kurt a quick hug. "Is there something special you want for breakfast?"

"I'm actually going out to breakfast with Blaine today, but thanks for the offer."

"Okay, make sure to tell your dad before you leave. I'm sure he'd like to reserve you for lunch," Carole joked before heading down the hallway.

"Yeah, sure."

It took Kurt a record hour to get dressed and fix his hair. He hurried out of the bathroom to see if Blaine had arrived yet. Blaine hadn't. "Good morning, birthday boy," came a voice from the couch.

Kurt turned and smiled. In his rush to look out the window, he had ran past his dad. "Thanks, Dad."

"Anything special planned? You usually plan your own birthday party."

"Nothing special, so far I'm just going out to breakfast with Blaine. I'll keep you updated."

"What about a cake?" Finn asked, lumbering down the stairs in his pajamas.

Kurt rolled his eyes. "Don't worry Finn. I'll be home in time to make a cake."

Finn gave Kurt a sheepish grin and continued on to the kitchen. "I'll see if Blaine can take me to the grocery store after breakfast," Kurt voiced, half to himself, half to his dad.