Kurapika x Reader - Not A Stalker!

(Your pov)

  I loved reading so much so I spent almost all my time in the library . Finishing books and starting others . Everyday seemed to be normal until that one guy came into the library and he kept coming very frequently . I wanted to have some courage and talk to him but I was super awkward really . Thing is , I had a crush on him . He was super cute and gentle and..ugh stop fangirling! Anyway , I've watched him from time to time , he likes reading non fiction books that contain this tremendous lot of information .

And today , I've come up with a plan . I'll start talking to him about his preferences and then maybe we'll be friends , I guess .

Oh , another thing , his name is Kurapika .

"Hey!" I call out to him and he lifts his head up , his eyes surprised .

"Yes ?"

"So um..I'd like your help , please! I'm new to books like these.." I say pointing to the books in front of him on the table . "And they're super interesting but I'm not sure what are the best ones! Can you recommend something to me?"

"Um...sure." he looks taken aback but I try to shrug it off , failing miserable in the process . I must be meddling in his business ugh..
But when he smiles , I realize I might just be overreacting.

He sets the book in his hand on the table and walks to the nearest shelf . I follow after him . He gets  alot of books and I help him by carrying them while he gets other books from the shelves . Is he going to recommend the whole shelf of books to me??

The books soon become too heavy for me to carry . I don't object or say anything , I don't want to be more annoying and clingy than that but...my body fails me and I'm about to fall , the books almost drowning me but Kurapika's arms hold me just in time from behind and I can hear his breath on the back of my neck .

"Woah , be careful!" He says as some of the books fall on the ground , making an obvious thud that sends the librarian shushing at us , frustratingly .

"S-sorry! I'll pick them up at once!" I tell Kurapika , blushing at how close we were and rush to pick the books up . I hear Kurapika giggling and I give him a confused look .

"You're cute , (Y/N) ."

I blush but can't hide my obvious smile . My crush just called me cute!
When I reach for the books , Kurapika does at the same time and our fingers touch . I notice his cheeks having a little pink on them too but both of us don't pull away our hands .
Wait...

"How did you know my name?" I ask , realizing I didn't mention my name to him before .

"Well..haha.." he sounds pretty nervous awwh . "It's not just you who has been stalking me , yeah ?"

My face grows hot and I turn to the other side , "I'm not a stalker!"

"Neither am I!" He avoids eye contact with me , apparently embarrassed as well about what he has just said . But then , both of us look at each other and burst out laughing .
Okay , it's just the ugly truth , both of us are major stalkers .

A few moments of silence pass before both of us exclaim at the same time ,

"I like you , (Y/N) "
"I like you , Kurapika!"

We giggle once more and blush , this time Kurapika leans closer and -

"You still haven't picked up the books?! Shoo! Stop wasting time or else I'll let you mop the whole library!"the librarian yells at us in sheer anger.

"Fine , fine ." I say , smiling at Kurapika .

We spend the rest of the day together , laughing and telling each other fun facts about various things . Who knew reading would simply bring us together ?

---
aim3ray0
I hope you like this! I'm not sure if you like reading or not though sorry about that :")