Illumi x Adopted!Reader : A Sky Of Stars

(Third person pov)

  When she was adopted , Illumi was completely buffled . Let me rephrase that , Illumi was completely jealous .

For the Zoldyck family to actually adopt an older girl , when he was at the age of 17 , it certainly could only mean that either the eldest son was useless or she was undoubtedly far stronger than he was .

Great , just great . My day can't get any better . He thought as he marched down the stairs to have a walk outside at the forest . Today was supposed to be the girl's first encounter to the rest of the family but here he was , avoiding it . His emotions wouldn't really surpass the level of only appearing in his thoughts so to the outside world , he'd be the same void of feelings - creature . Perhaps , if he weren't like that , he could yell his anger and annoyance of that situation...but he wasn't sure if that would even work with his parents .

  Actually , he had the right to be annoyed! That was not selfishness , was it ? Someone else was simply , just like that, taking his place! The place he had worked hard for years even though he knew his younger level stole it right away . There comes , a newcomer , to steal what's left for him! If she was going to stay , there had to at least be some kind of s challenge between the both of them . Moreover , she'll be the one to choose the challenge so that he doesn't appear weak in any activity . Contrary to how he was feeling a while ago , instead of letting his anger depress him , he let his anger push him to do something great . The moment he turned around to get back to the mansion , an unfamiliar girl stood there . He frowned , he couldn't feel her presence at all .

"Hiii!" She stretched her hand waiting to shake his . When he didn't respond , she grabbed his with a swift and shook it enthusiastically .
"So you are Illumi , right? You're the closest to my age . With a year I guess ? I've been so excited to meet you!" Illumi rudely snatched his hand away from her not uttering a word .
"You know you are quite handsome!"
....Handsome ? He didn't remember anyone calling him that so his cheeks were tinted with a little pink . She was definitely the new girl , why was she being so nice ? In fact why haven't he asked about the challenge yet?!

"I want to challenge you . If you win , I'll gladly let you take my place ."

Pfft what ? What is he talking about ? He thinks I came here for that?
She had an idea in mind so she just decided to play along .
"And what exactly are you challenging me on ?" She wiggled her eyebrows in amusement .
"You pick ."
Knew he'd say that .
"I'm (Y/N) by the way!"
"I don't care . Pick ."
(Y/N) lay on the green of the forest , her arms crossed to her her head as she heaved out a relaxed sigh .
"Counting stars ." She said it so seriously , Illumi was losing his mind .
"Wha-"
"Take it or leave it ." She interrupted him . Well , not looking like he was about to give up , he lay next to her and the moment his eyes locked with the beautiful nightsky , he...forgot it all .

"At the orphanage , we weren't supposed to have windows . But I'd sneak onto the roof , even if I'd get severly punished , and stare into the sky . Trying to count the stars , I see ."

Illumi turned on his side to face her . He could see how her face gave a look of pain and happiness simultaneously . She was just as lonely as he was . The more he looked at her , the more he found her pretty and cute , even special .

"I guess they were my friends..." (Y/N) muttered pointing at the crescent moon , "I used to think he was their dad!" She giggled which magically made Illumi smile . A rare occasion , was it .

She was so innocent , so peaceful yet he could feel her radiating aura , the strength , the abilities...maybe , just maybe , her strength came from her sadness..or from overcoming that sadness . From someone he hated before even meeting them to someone he'd look up to . In a single night , that was her magic .
  They spent the night counting stars together , naming them , being weird and silly and young . Even though they've just met a couple of hours ago , he was feeling something different , a strange sensation in his chest when he looked at her giggling and acting like a six-year-old .
  When he kissed her cheek goodnight , she felt that she couldn't see him as a brother as well..
The blushing Illumi walked away from her room - or ran - with one thought on his mind .

Perhaps , she wasn't so bad after all .

...

AAAaaahhh it's terrible :") I really wanted to make you something better than this sorryyy :") but thank you for requesting!❤❤❤
LunarmyMoon