Chrollo x Reader : Soulmate AU!

(Your POV)

  A special date on my wrist .
From everything that could help me finally meet my soulmate , it had to be a random date on my wrist . Who knows where I'd meet them , or who they are , or if I'll even know that was my soulmate . My friends have given up on the dates . The moment you don't care at all , the dates erase by themselves leaving confusion for the other person , who may have worked hard to meet their significant other . They claim it's to be free but I don't see it that way at all . I still have my date with me , I still believe I could meet him...

Well , keep telling yourself lies..

My pessimistic side decided show now of all times , with me sitting on a bench at the park . I've been here for almost two hours , I've visited lots of other places too since the morning trying to sneak a peek on the guys' wrists but nothing seems to come my way today .

  My finger runs circles on the date on my wrist which started slowly to fade . The year numbers are almost disappearing , well yeah , it's normal . The sun is setting now and the day has about six hours to completely end . The cherry blossoms decorating the field of green fly away with the soft wind , such a soothing sight to watch . You know , maybe today wasn't even half-bad . I enjoyed my time , I managed to go out of my comfort zone and go outside to many places alone! It's okay if I don't meet him today , maybe we're destined to meet later on , maybe it's for the best of us . But I know , that deep down , this date will remain so remarkable in my heart .

  I sigh .
Home sweet home , I'm coming .

Finally getting up , my cup of coffee has a bit of coffee still , I walk with a faster pace looking around at my favorite park . Strangely , I find myself thanking the place for keeping me company-

"Eeep!" My feet hit..something..throwing me off balance flying to hug the ground . Sadly , I'm not saved like I imagined , held by my waist and a few moments of staring into my hero soulmate's eyes...nah , my butt just hurts so much now , that's it .
Adding up to my glamorous fall , my coffee splashed on my shirt , thankfully it wasn't hot by now . Great .

"Ugh...seriously now! Ow , ow-"
"Could you stay quiet ? I'm trying to sleep ." I hear a male voice speak behind me , immediately turning my head towards the voice's direction . There , a boy my age , lying on the grass hiding his eyes with his forearm . Apparently , his feet were what I stumbled upon .

"Excuse me?! You're the reason I fell! And even spilt coffee on me!" I huff crossing my arms clearly angry by that idiot of a guy . His short black hair had little grass scattered on it , a few cherry blossom petals fell over his cheeks and neck , if I weren't so pissed off , I'd say he looked completely charming .

"Whatever , get away . I've had a bad day already ." He shooes me away not bothering to give me a glance .
"Does that mean I'm adding to your bad day? Ha! I've had a bad one myself!" Yep , I wasn't going to let the guy live .
"Jeez..you're so noisy.." the annoying boy rubs his face with his hand as he sits up straight , his wrist unlike the right hand's one is not lined by any bracelets and accessories , instead it just reveals his tender-looking fair skin . My eyes catch a couple of numbers there , oh! That guy still has the soulmates date there!
Would it be rude if I ask to see it? I bet he hates me already...
Wait...is the year number...faded? It's probably just my imagination..

"What do you want.." The moment he catches me looking at his soulmate date , he yelped hiding it with the sleeve of his shirt blushing .
Is he ashamed of it ?
"Hey , I have one too you know . But I understand , I've been made fun of too for believing yhe soulmate thingy." He looks away , I bet he's not the talkative type-guy . He..looks sad too .

"Wanna look at mine?" I ask offering to show him . I guess it doesn't matter really , it'll fade anyway by the end of the day , it's no use hiding my date just because it feels so special to me . His face slowly turns to face me , his grey eyes locked with mine . Glittery and sparkly and just plain cute!

"Mm-hmm. " he nods taking my hand in his . As I thought , his touch is as soft as how one would see it . Wasn't he the same guy I was just picking a fight with ?
His eyes scan the date on my left wrist and his soft gaze turns to a stare , a stare of shock and unbelieving and happiness . Before I could process what was happening , the boy pulled me closer to his body crushing his lips into mine , stealing my first kiss .

"Are you mental?! Let me go!" Blushing madly , my heart almost jumped off my chest , I hit him pretty much everywhere trying to escape from his grip and yelling nonesense .
"Can't you see? We're soulmates!" He shows his wrist to me . I gasp , it's him! It really is him! When we bring our wrists together , hesitating a little , awkward and nervous , we intertwine our fingers together . Marking our first encounter , The dates start to get clearer as if we've poured some ink on them .

"Sadly , it's you after all ." Yep , I ruined the moment . His innocent baby smile was replaced by a squint .
"Haha ."

"What took you so long though! You were napping??"
"Excuse me? That nap was the reason we finally met! Not to brag but that was probably the smartest idea ."
"Yeah , yeah ."

Well as you can see , we were the so-called "lovey-dovey birds" .

MichiTenoh

Aaahhh please don't be mad I'm so sorry I took forever to write this :")