Prolouge

A/N- For the purpose of this story, let's just assume Fenrir Greyback was only ten (or so) years older than the Marauders. He was still the one who bit Remus Lupin and all, but... well I don't want to give away to much! Enjoy :))

Fenrir Greyback advanced to the grey man standing before him. He was Lupin's boy. Hatred burnt in his chest towards the man's father, the red mist still clouding his eyes. But if he looked closely, he could see the fire burnt in his opposition's eyes, equally as hot as the one burning in his own. The men held their wands out, pointed to each other.
The fire changed colours, flickering and sparking one moment, then smouldering the next. Resentment, fear, hatred... love. Love for the ones around him- for family? Remus Lupin was suddenly only a human to Greyback. A werewolf who had suffered a great deal from the anger of another werewolf. And Greyback saw himself as a monster.
Antonin Dolohov came clambering down the corridor towards the two werewolves, who still had their wands pointed at each other. Fenrir could hear the curse leave Dolohov's lips without hesitation. But he was ready- he was a predator. He stunned Dolohov as the man raised his wand. Remus Lupin stared at him in disbelief.
"Wh-"
"Go home." Greyback growled. "Find your wife. Help your friends if you must. But get home." And with those words Greyback left the battlefield. No one saw him apart from Lupin. As he went, a wave of boiling water gushed through his veins. The fire in heart was dying. The anger left him. And all that was left was the smouldering glow of Hope.
In the next twenty four hours Harry Potter defeated Lord Voldemort. Molly Weasley became legend after murdering Bellatrix Lestrange. And Lavender Brown returned home to her mother. By midday Andromeda Tonks was free from stress as her daughter and son-in-law came over to their home, worn, but nevertheless all of them, including Mr Tonks, were gathering round a small baby who laughed as his mother's hair changed colour.

And not so many miles away, Fenrir Greyback held a child in his arms, cradling her gently, as he sat and drank tea while reading to his wife and daughter.