Chapter 8- Snow Much Fun

November passed in the blink of an eye and soon enough Christmas came hurtling at lightning speed towards Teddy. The taunts and teases were still chasing Maddie and her every move, still unnoticed by the teaching staff of the school; Teddy would have to have a word with his father about that.
  Teddy and Maddie sat close to the back of the classroom, completely ignorant to Remus' lecture from the front of the classroom. Teddy was examining Maddie up and down, eyeing her closely. Maddie gave him a quizzical look.
  "What?" She muttered and a smile played on his lips.
  "Do you think green eyeshadow would look cute and festive with your hair or just completely clash?" He asked casually. Maddie raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Just really imagine it for a second." Teddy urged and Maddie sighed before closing her eyes for a moment. Her face then split into a wide grin and she tried to swallow the laughter rising in her throat. Then she looked Teddy, who as morphed his image to portray violent red hair and lime green eyes and Maddie quickly clapped her hand to her mouth to muffle the loud burst of laughter that slipped through her lips. Teddy leaned forward and mumbled in her ear, "Don't for get the green contour, highlight..." his appearance adopted violent green cheekbones and his skin started to glow green. He started to shake with silent laughter, as did Maddie. They didn't hear the rest of the class go silent and through what became tears of laughter and Teddy let his appearance grow evermore comical, he didn't notice his father creep up behind him.
  "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Remus yelled, causing two screams to echo around the classroom followed by the sound of bubbling laughter. Remus smiled as his son stared at him with eyes as wide as saucers, one hand on his heart and panting deeply. Maddie had already erupted into fits of laughter, along with the rest of the class.
  "Merlin's tight, little speedos Da- I mean Professor." Teddy shook his head. Remus eyed the girl beside him.
"You know Madeline, if you scream any higher, only dogs will hear you." He said in a matter-of-a-fact tone with a small smile. Maddie simply pressed her lips together and shrugged.
"Oh that wasn't me Sir." She snickered, glancing at Teddy, who still looked like he was about to have a heart attack. Suddenly his expression calmed like glassy blue water and his expression rippled into disbelief. He had to bite his lip to hold back a rude retort. Remus tried to hide his smile as his son's face grew evermore flushed.
  "Mr Lupin, could you please change your appearance to be seen as a little less obnoxious?" The older man required and Teddy gave his father a plain look before switching his bright red hair to neon, luminous orange and his eyes went fluorescent yellow.
  "Is this more acceptable Professor?" Teddy inquired sweetly. Professor Lupin's eyes bore into Teddy's before the former broke the gaze and muttered something under his breath that sounded like, "You are your mother's son." and continued to stroll to the front.
  "Ms Pilrick," The professor projected his voice across the room, "seeing as you and Mr Lupin were playing such close attention to the lesson, could you please summarise what I have just told you about Kappas?" Remus smiled, knowing full well that Maddie could do exactly as he asked. She did so too. He gave her a knowing smile. "Class dismissed," he announced, "I hope you all have a good Christmas."
  The teenagers left the room in a bundle of excitement, wishing their professor a good christmas of course, but still not able to get over the idea of going home the next day.

  Snow was blanketing the castle in a sheet of glimmering silk as the snowflakes fell in sparkles all around. Teddy, Maddie, Meelee, Victoire, Adam, Andrew and Robbie all walked down beside the Black Lake, which was now merely a sturdy slab of iron. The frosted flakes whipped their faces and tossed their hair about. Victoire shuddered, shoving her hands into her coat pockets and Adam was beating his chest to keep warm.
  Suddenly from the side of the group Maddie was hit by a snowball and stumbled in her step. Her face was smothered in disbelief and amusement as she stared down Robbie with a dangerous twinkle in her eye. Robbie had his lips pressed tightly together, holding back laughter. Maddie was quick to grab a snowball from the thickening gleam on the ground and with a force that shocked her boyfriend, she chucked the snowball at him. Laughter echoed around the friends, as light and as pleasant as silver bells.
  And then a deadly, furious snowball fight began. Teddy, Meelee, Maddie and Adam all took one side while Robbie, Victoire and Andrew quickly scurried to the other, digging a trench-like base. There were screams of lighter and squeals of shock as ice slid down their backs, but half an hour later the teenagers were soaked through their skin and frozen to the bone.
  Arms around one another, they headed back to the castle.

A/N- I'm really sorry this is such a short chapter but...
❄️🎅🎄MERRY CHRISTMAS!☃️🎁🌟
I hope you all have an amazing day what every your religion and love you all so, so much!
Xx