Chapter 20 - 1st September

The rest of the summer drifted away in a blur of books, rain, sun and parties. Soon August would come to a close and thankfully this year, the full moon came earlier in the month, so Maddie could walk onto the Hogwarts express in one piece.

The morning of leaving for school was chaotic as always, and although not recovering from a full moon, Maddie's senses had kicked in, already giving her a headache. It was her hearing that had been induced first, but it changed every month.

Currently, Maddie was on the sofa with her head in a pillow, trunk ready to go while her sister and mother ran around like headless chickens.

Maisie had changed a lot this summer, she'd grown tall, a good few inches taller than Maddie and she had developed a slightly vain taste in fashion. She currently couldn't find her favourite crop top, which Maddie thought was a bit unnecessary to bring to Hogwarts of all places, located at the very top of the UK. She'd also spent a worrying amount of time cooped up in her bedroom, writing to her boyfriend, Maddie suspected.

She didn't say a word though, not wanting to aggravate her head further, which was currently pulsating violently, making the blood in her head thump. She swore her brain was constantly colliding with her skull and she was not enjoying. She knew she'd manage though, she'd experienced plenty of similar situations in her fifteen years of being a werewolf.

When her sister was finally ready and they entered the car, Maddie closed her eyes and willed herself to sleep.

It was a long journey from Manchester to King's Cross in the car, and Maddie slept for the entire duration of it. Cheek pressed up against the cooling car window, she didn't even stir. However, once she woke, the bright and gleaming rays of sun instantly kick started her headache again making her groan into her hands.

"Come on, love." Her mother gently helped her out of the car. Maddie was shaking on her legs and felt quite ill indeed. Still, she took a deep breath and stepped forward, determined to walk to the platform completely unaided. She was wobbly, but the cool autumnal air cleared her head a bit and the stabs dulled to pinches. Sleeping seemed to have helped a little, but as Maddie walked through the platform gateway, she was very grateful that they got to Platform 9 3/4 a little earlier than the rest. After a quick goodbye from her mother and sister, Maddie settled on the train, weary about what another year of Hogwarts could bring.

***

"TEDDY! Will you come downstairs and get your shoes on so you don't miss the bloody train!" Tonks yelled up at her son. She had one hand rubbing her six month pregnant belly and one hand supporting her overworked back as she stood at the bottom of the stairs. Remus came down them, massaging his temples slightly as the beginnings of the side effects of the moon were beginning to take place. He reached the bottom and was about to help his wife, but the look in her eyes accompanied by her firey red hair advised him otherwise.

"I've still got fifteen minutes!" Teddy roared back. He was trying to decide on a jacket and he was getting frustrated. He'd woken up on the wrong side of bed after a night of too little sleep and the last thing he cared about at the moment was putting his shoes on.

"EDWARD REMUS LUPIN YOU GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT." Tonks yelled and Remus put down the headache medicine he was about to take and quickly went into the hallway. He gently wrapped his arms around his wife and lead her into the kitchen. "Remus! Let go of-" She protested in a loud voice and he winced slightly, but remained calm.

"I'll get him love. This stress isn't good for the babies." He murmured and kissed her forehead, drawing a chair up for her. Tonks nodded in defeat settled into her chair with a deep breath, and with Remus turned up the staircase, ready to address his teenage son.