Chapter 1- Another Year

this is has been updated on 07/06/21 - if as you're reading the story line seems a bit hectic, i'm trying to clear that up, but it's just taking some time !! i hope you enjoy anyways xx

The sun rose on 1st September, dripping the small room with golden light. A young girl, fourteen years old, lay naked underneath a blanket in her wrecked surroundings. She was bleeding badly all over, she was black and blue and her right shoulder was at an awkward angle, but her sleep was deeper than the depths of the ocean and more silent the a butterfly flapping its wings. Her skin was fair, but not pale and her hair faded from a disturbing bright red to crimson, matted with actual blood and no longer than half way down her neck. She had a wide build, her shoulders and hips broad, but she was skinny, her wrists and ankles only skin and bone. She had viscous, deep scars all over her body but not as many on her face, which was heart shaped and smooth, as her arms and legs. She was fascinating and terrifying to regard, but she definitely beautiful.

An older woman of about fifty or so and another girl of about thirteen entered the room. The woman flicked her wand and the girl sleeping was clothed and the home was restored from its wreckage. The table, sofas and chairs turned upright, the walls plastered themselves and the pictures returned to the walls and straightened themselves. The younger girl moved over to the one on the floor and gently nudged her.

The two teens had a striking resemblance. They shared the same facial features from their heart shaped faces to their almond shaped eyes. However, the younger girl had a warmer skin tone, a narrower build, more muscle, and long chestnut brown hair, which went down past her elbows. She had chocolate brown eyes and she delicately woke her sister up, avoiding the places where she had most recently hurt. The one on the floor opened her eyes and turned towards her sister. Now with her face in the light, her eyes were slightly sunken, but not dark, but the circles under her eyes were. She had a purple bruise on her cheek and her cheekbones were low and soft. Her lip was swollen and her lips were an off blue colour which stood out against her pasty skin. She looked like she had become very ill in a short amount of time. Her eyes were bright though, a disturbing amber colour, but sparkled in the morning light. The clock on the wall read half six.

"Mummy, she's awake." The woman came over to the two girls on the floor and knelt down by the ill one. She gently stroked her hair, but even as she did so the girl had to resist flinching. She was in unbearable pain. Her mother used a charm to lift her onto the sofa.

Half an hour later, the wet blood on her skin was gone, bruises fading, and scars on her face were sealed. Her hair was clean and her sister had done two small plats at the top, and some colour had returned to her cheeks. Her mother had managed to get her arm into a sling, supposedly dislocated at the shoulder, and she was sitting upright and listening to her sister talk. She still looked very ill, but an aura of happiness shone through as well.
After she refused breakfast and for the sofa with her eyes closed for a while, it was time to go to Kings Cross Station.

"Sweetheart, if you don't want to go to school today, you can say now. Dora has said Professor Lupin isn't going in until tomorrow." Her mother worried for her daughter going into school in such a state. However, the girl had set her mind on boarding the Hogwarts Express. She didn't tell her mother one of the reasons she wanted to go into school on September the first was because she wanted to get the aid of Madam Pomfrey as quickly as possible, but she also had already packed everything for the coming school term in her fourth year of Hogwarts. Her sister, Maisie, had already loaded everything into the car, so she, Maddie, got up to leave. Only, the minute she got to her feet, her knees gave away in tiredness of the previous night. She hated the full moon.

Maddie looked to see her mother hadn't noticed her collapsing. Maisie walked in the door and Maddie stared at her desperately. After a difficult journey to the car which included Maisie half supporting, half carrying her sister to the car, Maddie fell asleep inside it from exhaustion, and didn't wake up until they got to London.