Chapter 22 - A Night With the Professor of Ancient Runes

hiiiii im sry im a shit author but i'm backkkkkkk been v busyyy

and a V V IMPORTANT NOTE

mentions of disordered eating will occur, i will mark out the section with a line of squiglies like this ~~~~~ but pleasssse don't read if you know or even think you will be triggered i love all you lovely people too much for that to happen and just know youre so beautiful and you deserve the world xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ilyyyyyyyyyyy

Teddy was waiting patiently outside Professor Wompkin's office when he heard footsteps echoing on the cold stone floors. Teddy looked up, expecting to see the professor approaching, but was mildly surprised to see Angus Hart, Slytherin robes and all, peering down the narrow corridor. The sun was still setting, and golden light flooded down the wider section of the corridor, letting dust particles twinkle as they floated absently around the hall. Angus smiled when he recognised Teddy, who grinned back. Teddy noticed how contoured his face was when he stepped into the shadowy, low part of the corridor.

"Wotcher Angus." Teddy greeted and the older boy smiled.

"Fancy seeing you here Lupin. Why might you be here on this pleasant evening?"

"Detention." Teddy let out a huff of laughter, which rested on his face. Angus looked amused.

"Not a teacher's son, surely?"

Teddy laughed out loud. His honey coloured eyes met Angus' and he noticed how the Slytherin's piercing blue eyes were flecked with sea green, even in the low lighting. Angus grinned again and nodded.

"Taking after your father I see."

"Not as much as you might think. Dad never really got caught you see." Teddy explained when the boy raised his eyebrows. He went to object, "But I've sorted through Filch's office so many times and his name is there at least ten or twenty."

"You'd be familiar with the names James Potter and Sirius Black then?"

"At least a hundred throughout the years."

"Yeah, well dad was in on almost everyone of their jokes."

"You're kidding? That's quite impressive actually." Angus whistled. 

"Yup. No such luck with me though. Put a few dungbombs fillings into Professor Longbottom's nutrients supply bag and tripped over a root on the way out." He shrugged. "Dad was always really smart anyways." He grinned and Angus returned the smile.

"Yeah see, I got caught hexing someone. Bloody deserved it though, called some kids a disgusting muggle slur, but of course Professor Sublime didn't hear that." He rolled his eyes. Teddy was paying close attention.

"What kind of slur?"

"Ah, I can't remember it to be honest, some kind of anti-gay one though. Don't come across it much anymore, but I'd heard it here and there. To be honest giving me a detention was an overreaction, I only put a jelly leg jinx on him, even if he was three years younger." He huffed and Teddy shrugged.

"Well Hart, maybe you'll consider your actions more thoroughly next time before you go about cursing third years." A sharp voice made both boys snap their head towards the sharp figure of Professor Ashley Wompkins, the ancient runes teacher. Neither boy spoke; it was a commonly known fact that if you were put in detention with Professor Wompkins, you would be scrubbing the deepest dungeon's floors all night if you didn't come quietly. She strode past them and into her office, and both boys shared a significant look. She turned towards them, her long neck and protruding collar bones snapping in their direction. "Well?" She barked, her eyes gone wide. The teenagers quickly hurried into the office, both feeling no need to examine the numerous leather bound books that bore a blanket of dust on the bending shelves that were poorly hammered to the deep royal purple walls, as they'd both found themselves in such a sorry position many times before.