Chapter 17 - Ted's Big News

After that, the end of the school year came too soon. Before you could say 'hippogriff', trunks were packed, feasts were fed and cups were won. To the disappointment of many, Slytherin won the Quidditch cup, but it was Ravenclaw who snatched the house cup, called for blue and bronze to shimmer across the hall in the last feast of the year. The Hogwarts express saw the back of another year and Maddie, Meelee, Victoire, Teddy and Adam were sat comfortably in a compartment, munching on pumpkin pasties. They had split with the others, deciding they wanted more room to themselves than to be cramped into a small space. 

"So when you come to mine in the summer, will you bring some of these albums?" Teddy asked eagerly, Maddie and Adam having just told him about the muggle music in the sixties. 

"Sure Ted. I'll bring some seventies too, I can see you really getting into David Bowie, don't you think Adam?" Maddie added, earned a thoughtful nod from her friend.

"My mum has some as well, so maybe if we write to each other which we'll bring and I'll send some to you, Ted and you can bring the rest, Mads?" He suggested and Teddy nodded eagerly.

"Honestly, why can't you just stick to the Bucking Hippogriffs or the Lenoxes?" Victoire sighed. "It's bad enough you banging on about old bands like the Weird Sisters all the time without even older bands." 

Teddy didn't speak to her for the rest of the journey. 

When they all finally arrived in London, after many hugs and promises to write that summer, Teddy made his way over to his mother, who was standing beside Charlotte Pilrick too. Teddy, feeling no embarrassment and forever a mama's boy, launched himself at Dora, who stumbled a little but was balanced by her husband's (who had just appeared from nowhere) hand before the clumsy pair could knock anything over.

"Careful Ted." Remus scolded lightly and Dora then turned to her husband, who readily wrapped her in a big hug.

Maisie had joined the Pilricks and was greeting her mother too.

"Hey Tonks." Maddie greeted and her friend's mother squeezed her.

"Wotcher Mads. You're looking well." She complimented and Maddie smiled appreciatively, knowing the older woman probably knew the entire extent of the last few months at school.

"I was going to say the same to you, that hair colour is gorgeous!" Tonks grinned back, her blue hair making complementing her complexion greatly.

"You have no idea how happy I am you've said that. I haven't gone with this colour in years. You can definitely come to stay this summer." She teased and Maddie laughed.

"Mum, Maddie said she'll bring some old muggle records from the sixties and seventies." Teddy added and Tonks beamed in excitement at Maddie.

After catching up a little more with everyone, the families parted ways for the summer.

***

Teddy was eating chocolate in the kitchen when Remus came down, looking almost nervous as he opened his mouth.

"Come upstairs to our room for a minute will you Ted?" He asked his son, who walked past him clapping him on the shoulder.

"You alright Dad?" His voice was light as he made his way upstairs, chocolate still in hand. Remus followed right behind him, ducking slightly as the ceiling became too low in the old wooden cottage.

"I'm fine." Remus quickly replied. "Why?"

"You just look like you could use some chocolate." He smiled, handing the remaining half bar over to his dad who took it with a fond smile. Teddy bounded up the final few steps and pushed open the door to his parents room.