Chapter 10- Just A Casual Sleepover

"Oh Merlin... you look so stunning boo. Please come in to school like this tomorrow." Maddie carefully examined her masterpiece as she swiped more eyeshadow onto Teddy's eyelid. As he opened them his eyes changed from grey to a fierce blue. "Oh wait no, I liked them grey." Maddie objected so her friend rolled his eyes and changed back to his former eye colour. 
  "My face feels so disgusting." He groaned and reached to rub his eyes only to have his hand slapped away again quickly. "Ow." he grumbled.
  "Hold still." Maddie breathed and she brushed some more powder onto his face. "Okay, done!" she stepped back to examine her masterpiece.
  Teddy got up with a sigh and looked at himself in the mirror. He tilted his head to one side, then the other and made a 'hmm' sound.
"I mean I'm hot I'll give you that... but I'm also a metamorphosis." Teddy looked away from the glass and towards her friend. Maddie shrugged and objected, "You can't do glitter or as intricate detail as that when you're a metamorphosis." Teddy rolled his eyes.
  "How can keep this sort of stuff on your face all day? I'm already starting to feel... ugh gross and self conscious. Maddie, you know that even sweet Merlin above cannot make this boy self conscious and I do not like the feeling." Teddy gulped and his face looked so genuine that instead of laughing, she took a makeup wipe and began to rub it off gently. The cloth was cool against Teddy's skin as he felt the makeup being lifted from his face. He closed his eyes and when he opened them he looked like his normal self again.
  Maddie cleared her throat and Teddy looked her way. Her arms were folded and she raised an eyebrow.
  "What?" He sighed. "Why do you look like I owe you someth... oh." His eyes sparked in realisation and Maddie glanced up at heaven. "Thank you." Teddy smiled and Maddie laughed.
  "Doesn't kill you say it every once in a while." She said through her teeth.
  "Okay, my face was drowning!" Teddy exclaimed and Maddie looked at him in a disbelieving sort of way.
  "You asked me to do your makeup, it ain't my fault sis." Maddie flicked her hair and turned to continue to put her makeup away.
  "Mads-" Teddy clapped his hands together. "My skin is flawless. I don't need foundation."
  "Hey!" Maddie cheered. "You're learning your makeup vocab!" Teddy gave her a crooked grin and Maddie parted her lips disapprovingly. "I love how everyone in our year thinks you're the kindest, most humble, modest person on earth." She scoffed.
  "You say that like I'm not darling." He smirked and they both snorted in laughter.

  "Okay, would you rather never eat crème brûlée again or have to sit for an hour a day in Profesor Binn's class?" Maddie delighted in the pain on Teddy's face as she spooned some more chocolate ice cream into her mouth.
  The pair were sitting on Teddy's bed, surrounded by chocolate and sweets and ice cream and, of course, crème brûlée- which, by the way, was Teddy's favourite. Teddy sat with his legs stretched over his best friend, think carefully as he guzzled away at the crème brûlée in his lap. He shook his head and pressed his lips together.
  "I'd have to sit with Binns everyday. There is just no way I could give this up." He sighed, a passion flaring through his eyes as he gazed at the pudding.
  "Fair play, fair play." Maddie agreed, taking another spoon of ice cream.
  "Okay, my turn to give you one... only be able to eat chocolate for the rest of your life or never way chocolate again?" He said, observing her lick the chocolate from her fingers.
  "That's so easy. Only sat chocolate, obviously." She spoke through a mouthful.
  "Really? You don't think you'd feel sick eventually?" He inquired doubtfully as she starting nibbling on a chocolate frog. Maddie shook her head and broke the leg of the frog off. "Not to mention you'd gain a crazy amount of weight, just eating chocolate."
  Maddie shrugged. "I mean it'd be worth it really. I think chocolate is my soulmate to be honest."
  "Don't tell Robbie that!" Teddy gasped falsely and Maddie sighed dramatically.
  "You see... chocolate just gets me like no one else does, you know?" She whined, her voice filled with compassion.
  "Can I have some?" Teddy indicated to the tub of ice cream and Maddie pushed it towards him reluctantly. As he spooned the rich ice cream into his mouth hungrily, almost as if he'd never been fed, he noticed Maddie go silent.
  "Mads, you can have the ice cream back if you want." He offered the tub back to her but she laughed and smiled sadly.
  "No keep it boo. It's not that." Her smile wavered a little but returned so quickly Teddy wasn't even sure it had melted ever so briefly. He looked at her expectantly and she exhaled slowly, sinking back into his soft linen bed sheets.
  "The truth is... msacre." Maddie mumbled into her shoulder and Teddy looked at her quizzically.
  "I didn't catch that."
  "imscad." she mumbled again, even if a little louder her voice was still inaudible.
  "What Mads?" He pleaded, sitting up right.
  "I'm scared. I'm scared ok?" she cried, exasperated, before uncomfortably turning away from Teddy. He gently placed his hand on her leg.
  "Of what?" His voice was a cracked whisper and Maddie looked at him as if he were stupid.
  "Of going back to school."
  Teddy looked at her sympathetically, but before he could say something she instantly cut him off.
  "No Ted! Don't sympathise me. See, this is exactly what I mean. I'm either going to be spat upon and cursed at for being a monster or being bored to death with other people's sympathy." She gulped, her voice ever so brittle.
  "Come here. It's going to be okay in the end." Teddy pulled her into a hug and she willingly rested in his arms.
  "How do you know that?" She inquired, looking up at him. Her amber eyes sparkled and his green eyes smiled.
  "Someone once said 'Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. It's going to be fine Mads."

A/N- ^John Lennon quote :)