Chapter 18 - Another Cycle

Dear Teddy,

Oh my goodness! That's so exciting, I can't believe you'll have a sibling- they'll have the best big bro in the world. You must be getting up to lots then? We haven't really, although Mum's especially worried about this full moon because... you know. I've told her most of what happened earlier this year, and although she was upset that I didn't tell her earlier, she's relieved we got out of it- the books and records are a thank you from both of us to you and your family.

Wow... I can't believe you'll be an older sibling. Honestly, I'm so excited for you. Anyways, Mum and I have been hunting in the attic and around lots of muggle charity shops and we've found loads of records that you'll love, I think. Also, seeing as Manchester's so near, we've found loads from a band called Oasis who were massive, but broke up just before our first year and they're a bit different to what you usually like, but there isn't a British muggle who doesn't know their songs. I also you think you should consider taking some fashion advise from some of the sixties bands, seeing as you're trying to change up your look.

Can't wait to see you in a week or so!

Mads xx

p.s. I think Maisie has a BIG crush because there's this one person she keeps writing too and will not tell me who. It can't be Oscar, they broke up months ago...

Teddy smiled as he reread his friend's letter. He's sent a reply earlier that day but couldn't help but worry about her. Tonight was the full moon and by this point, based on reactions to previous transformations, he had a bad feeling that her body had developed some form of immunity to silver dittany. His dad had taken his potion, but as a precaution to his pregnant wife and son, like most full moons, Teddy and his mother were staying at his grandmother's.

The records Maddie had spoken about had arrived with her letter the previous evening and they looked brand new. Teddy hoped Charlotte Pilrick hadn't spent too much money on them, knowing the family needed every penny to pay for Maddie's silver dittany.

The werewolf department had refused to sell it to the woman, due to a fear of exactly what had happened- Maddie would develop some kind of immunity. Therefore Charlotte had to spend a risky amount of time in Knockturn Alley, finding someone who'd sell it to her for a ludicrous price.

Anyway, the album was amazing. Maddie had written a note about the musician, Little Richard, saying he was big in the fifties, often known as the father of rock'n'roll. She said she hoped he'd like it, it was in preparation for some even more beguiling, some of the sixties stuff that she'd bring- was it the Rolling Rocks and the Beetles she'd said? Some bloke called John Elton too, he'd tried to remember. And a band called Queen, who Teddy remembered his dad recognised the name of, with some really famous song they'd done with a weird name. He could remember the names of the band members though- Freddie Jupiter, Brian August, Roger Seamstress and John Beacon. He thought.

Anyway, he and his mother had been entranced by the music of Little Richard.

Teddy turned to switch off his bedroom light with that thought, slowly drifting into a dreamless sleep while his best friend and father turned to face the fury of the full moon.

***

Teddy took the muggle bus home the next morning. His mum had to leave for work, but taking care of his dad wasn't a hard task, and he was old enough to do it himself now.

There was one bus stop in his village and he walked through the still sleeping area, a July morning sun heating his back amiably. Honeysuckle scented the air and the trees were stirred by a gentle breeze. Approaching the Lupin's cottage, he took out his muggle keys and unlocked the door.