Chapter 9- Nothing Lasts Forever

Snow gently floated down outside the Lupin's family home. New Year and come and gone and Maddie sat in a window seat with newly obtained cuts pressed up against the cool glass of the window. Her breath and warm skin made the glass steam up. Her eyes grew glassy and her mind drifted off to another world as her chest and mind slowed down to a calming pace.

  Ice seemed to encage Maddie's rib cage. She felt like a heavy boot of iron was lying on top of her chest as sweat trickled down her back. Her throats seemed to growl and her shoulders felt heavy as she panted heavily.
  She felt like she had been transformed. She cautiously regarded her hands and her body. Still human.
  The darkness that surrounded her fell away like a curtain ripping in a temple. Teddy was in front of her. Her mother and sister too. All of her friends slowly sunk into vision. They were all pale and ghostly looking, like they were petrified by fear. Slowly their faces reformed. Teddy, Maisie and her mother were first. First, a long gash appeared their faces. Blood started to trickle and gush down their faces and flesh started to be ripped away from their faces. At the same time, blood washed over Maddie's hands. Screaming, Maddie watched as she destroyed her family.

  Cold sweat soaked Maddie's back. She was still at the Lupin's. Now rain was pouring through the sky, like a river was falling from the sky. Panting, Maddie hurried outside and before she could even taking another aching breath, her body was cleansed by the freezing January rain.
  It was like everyone who had seemed to try and harm Maddie in the last month were washed away from her memory for a moment. It was not a long moment, but it was a relieving feeling as all the demons inside the girl's head were released as her hair started to plaster against her face. The rain fell like dozens of pins striking her skin, but Maddie knew she could finally breath again. The smell of wet pine filled Maddie's nostrils as her body started to shake with cold.
  "Oh Daddy," she whispered. "Where are you when I need you?"

  The rain had begun to cease when Teddy found her. She was sitting in a sea of mud and was shivering violently. Teddy kneeled down and gently lifted her chin. Her eyes were fierce and glowing like a thousand fires. It almost scared Teddy, almost. The way she guarded herself. Teddy knew she just needed some time on her own, but still he sat beside her and took her hand.
  "You know Mads," Teddy said, his voice cracking the silence. The wind whistled and trees around him danced, as if determined for him to keep away from the you werewolf beside him. He continued, "It will end. It will end like everything. Like this rain will end and like a war ends. Like the way a heart will change and a love will end. Like a fire dies. Nothing lasts forever."

  Together they walked back to the Lupin family home, knowing that although they needed some time, they also needed someone more than ever.

A/N- I'm sorry this is such a short, weird chapter 😅 I was listening to the song 'Cold November Rain' by Guns and Roses 🎶 If you listen to the song and re-read the chapter again it might make more sense, haha. Anyway, I hope you liked it in some way!
Xx