Chapter Seven

Anger, real anger is something I rarely feel. I surely get upset a lot, but it takes something really big to make me lose my shit. Listening to Scott and Jeremy talk about Marina, in the most disgusting way, really gets on my nerves. They are on the seats right behind me, so I have front row access to their conversation. I hate straight boys.

"Man, honestly, just give me one night with her, I'd get her down on her knees and-" I cannot stand another second of their conversation.

"Shut the fuck up, Scott!" I yell, turning back at him. He looks at me, surprised, since he probably didn't expect me to be paying attention to him.

"Davis!" The teacher yells at me. Everybody is looking at me now.

"What?!" I yell back, and can't help but to roll my eyes at him.

"Detention, now." What great fucking news. I am supposed to meet Marina after the class is over. Now what am I going to say to her? We can't even use our phones in detention. For fucks sake.

"Oh, am I going to detention?" I might as well make sure I earn it. I pick Scott's backpack from the floor and throw it at his face. "You disgusting piece of trash."

"Davis!" He calls again, only that I don't care. I already know what he has to say.

"I know the way!" I pick my bag, throw it over my shoulder and make my way out of the classroom. It is the fourth time he sends me to detention this year, but the first since I met Marina. I've been watching my words with teachers, trying to act better, all because of her. But I couldn't do that today.

When I'm on my way, I text Marina that I won't be able to see her today because I'll be in detention. Hell knows how many hours I've earned today. I wait and wait on that damned seat for who knows how long, but it feels like an eternity when you have nothing to do, and no one to talk to. Apparently, for the first time in the school history, no one else has been sent to detention but me.

All is do is actually get angrier, because those two dickheads should be here instead of me. They are the pigs. I have every right to be upset, it's my girlfriend they were talking about. But I can't say that, I can't give my real reasons, all that's left for me is put up with this.

"Ryan!" I hear her before I see her. My blood gets cold instantly. "Why is she here?" My heart speeds up in my chest. She can't see me here, she can't see me like this.

"Cursed and back talked to a teacher". For a reason. Why can't we ever explain ourselves? Marina doesn't look at me.

"Well, I'm going to have to bail her out because I need her in fifteen minutes". She says in a serious tone. I know she's friends with our supervisor, or at least they have a nice work relationship.

"You can't, I'm sorry". Ryan tells her, dead serious. It feels weird to witness this, since I know this is not how they usually are with each other.

"Listen, she's helping me tutor some students, we start in fifteen minutes. What do I say to those kids?"

"It's not on me to decide on this, Marina. And I would pretty much rather not have this conversation in front of students"

"Alright". She leaves but comes back shortly after, with what appears to be a signed paper from the principal's office allowing me out.