Part 12

(Quick A/N: This'll be a short chapter, but I've been listening to Raleigh Ritchie and got an idea for this from his song Motions and Sicko. Anyway, enjoy! :D)

The next day you headed to work; Brian got an Uber to drop you off at your house so you could clean up and tend to your dog before you head to work. As Brian stayed home, he noticed how much he missed your presence around him. He turned on the radio; every song that seemed to play brought up memories of Lenai and remembering her made Brian silently cry.

*FLASHBACK*

"I'm tired of this, Brian!" Lenai shouts, hurrying to pack her belongings. Brian kept tugging her things out of her hands, desperately hoping her leaving was all a joke. It was pitch black outside and 3 in the morning when Brian fell asleep and was woken up by her packing up. Brian jolted out of bed, staggering to comprehend anything.

"Why- what the hell! Why are you leaving?!" Brian's stern voice broke; the lump was stuck in his throat- he didn't want to cry. Lenai refused to look at Brian; she kept her back to him. "I said I'm tired of this! I'm tired of living this way!" Brian grabbed her by the shoulders, turning her to face him. By this time, tears were hot and streaming down his tired and weary face. "What did I do?!" Brian, the first thought that came to mind was 'he did something to drive her away?'

Lenai hesitated- she opens her mouth as to say something, but tightly presses her lips together. Brian demanded an answer, "Please, I deserve to know that much." Brian let Lenai's shoulder go.

"Brian, I found someone else. He treats me right and has a REAL job!" Brian scoffs, "SInce when have I treated you wrong!? Tell me that, Lenai! When have I hurt you or did something to make you seek someone else? HUH! EXPLAIN THAT BULLSHIT TO ME!" Brian thought this was all a bad dream, one he couldn't wake up from. "WHO IS HE, LENAI! WHO IS THIS BASTARD!" Lenai stayed silent; she walks outside to put her things in her car.

"A WHOLE THREE YEARS WITH YOU LENAI, DOES THAT MEAN NOTHING TO YOU! ALL THE FUTURE PLANS, LATE NIGHT CALLS, EVERYTHING WE'VE DONE!" Lenai holds back tears of her own. She steps in her car, "BRIAN, IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT YOUTUBE! YOUR FUCKING FRIENDS, VIEWS, SUBS, ALL THAT POINTLESS GARBAGE! GOODBYE BRIAN HANBY." She starts her car. Brian rushes to the car, begging and crying.

By the time he runs to the car, she starts to back up out of the driveway. Brian kept shouting, but she drives off.

"That's it?" Brian sobs; memories flood through his head- just hours ago, they were happy. She exchanged 'I love you's' with him; was it all fake? When did she feel unhappy? He begins to think, "Maybe if I did something differently, or paid more attention to her." but it was too late for anything. All he had were the empty sheets that had her scent and now faded cursed memories. Photos, memories, and time- wasted.

**

Brian's phone rang, snapping him out of his flashback.

"Hello?" He answers; it was Craig. "Hey dude, I was just checking up on you! How's you and Y/n?" Brian had to cough out the tears and emotions held in his throat.

Brian speaks, "Yeah- uh, we're great. She's at work and I'm sitting in the living room." Brian couldn't look around his own living space without having his cursed memories haunt him. Lenai would wake up around this time and surprise Brian with a kiss. Brian's voice cracked while talking and Craig knew why. After Lenai, even after years of having her not in his life, he still has the lingering depression. The lingering memories and heartache.

"Brian-" Craig's tone changed from happy to concern. Brian broke down on the phone with Craig, "CRAIG, I'M SCARED!" He shouts; he clenches his teeth while attempting to hold back his violent sobs. He holds his hair tight and throws his body back and forth.

"Brian, Brian! You'll be okay! I know you can't stand being home alone, but Y/n's coming back after work. Trust her, I know it's hard, but do it for her." Craig spoke calmly to Brian; Brian stayed silent besides the voice crack in his sobs.

"I-I can't deal with this heartache anymore, Craig."

****

After work, you asked Justin to drive you home. Justin drops you off, waving you off while you walk inside. Jensen wags his tail and barks in excitement. You giggle; suddenly, a call is heard from your cell.

"Hey, what's up?" Craig called, "Hey Y/n, I need to ask you something very important." Your anxiety whelps up inside from the random seriousness.

"S-Sure dude." You calmly and confused, reply back.

Craig was silent for a second, "Can Brian move in with you? It's super sudden, I know- but there's something you need to know about him. He has depression and has had it for a few years. Long story short, he can't be alone in his own home without wanting to hurt himself. It's not good for him, and I've worried so much about him. I'm not physically there to always look out for him, so this is a big favor. I know you just got into a relationship with him, but could you consider it?" You didn't realize that Brian had depression- you couldn't tell by the way he always has a big grin on his face. Though, maybe because you bring out the best of him.

"Craig-" You hesitate for a second, "I'll talk to him about it tonight. He shouldn't be in a place that triggers him like that."