Chapter Three

The Cat's Eye was a place for the rich, a place for the criminally involved, and a place where the forgotten tend to loiter. She asked Antonia and Colette to come along which they undoubtedly agreed. She hadn't seen Colette in forever so when the young woman showed up at the apartment door she didn't hesitate to give her a hug. "It's been so long, how are you?" Mar'i asked pulling away from her friend. Colette smiled, "I'm doing well, hopefully I can find myself a strapping man to take home with me." she winked.

     Mar'i playfully hit her in the shoulder; her friend was always looking for guys to bring home. The only one they were missing now was Antonia who was still upstairs getting changed. "Why exactly are we going to this VIP club anyways?" Colette asked leaning against the wall.

"An old friend of mine invited me so I extended the invitation to the both of you."

"This old friend wouldn't happen to be Damian Wayne, would it?"

"Yes. But before you say anything negative I am only going to see another old friend of mine, he told me that Melody works there."

     The familiar clicking of heels against hardwood distracted them from their conversation. They both looked to the side to see Antonia strutting towards them. Mar'i went to say something only for Antonia to speak, "I know I look gorgeous." she smiled and did a twirl letting the skirt of her blue dress fan out. Colette rolled her eyes and raised her arm tapping the clock on the wall behind her. "Time to go." she reminded them. A car was already outside parked at the curb waiting for them. The driver exited the car and rushed around to the front to open the door for them.

     They arrived an hour after the club opened and joined the back of the line to get inside. The three young women were only standing for a few minutes when one of the bouncers approached them. "Mar'i Grayson?" he asked voice gravely. She nodded, her two friends hidden slightly behind her.

"This way." He instructed unclasped the velvet rope and ushered them out of the line.

     The three of them followed the large bouncer down to the entrance of the club; Mar'i's eyes immediately honed in on Damian waiting by the doors with his two friends at his side. "Is this the woman you're looking for Mr. Wayne?" the bouncer asked. Damian ambled over to her and smirked down at her. Her friends muffled their laughter with their hands behind her, she could still hear them. "Thanks Tiny." he pulled out a fifty dollar and passed it to the large bouncer next to them who grunted in response. Damian held his arm out to her. "Do you trust me?" he asked.

"No." she replied sharply.

"Good. You shouldn't trust anyone." He smirked.

     Reluctantly she took his arm and let him lead her into the club. The music was blaring, people past them left and right, not to mention she had already seen several celebrities within the first few seconds of being inside. "I'm amazed you showed up Grayson." he leaned in close so she could hear him; chills ran down her spine when she felt his breath brush against her neck. She pulled her arm out from his and distanced herself to try and cover up the fact that she was nervous. "I only came to see Melody." She huffed.

     He rolled his eyes and tapped on one of the waitresses shoulders so she would turn around. The woman donned a pink dress and was holding a silver platter; Damian took two glasses of champagne off and gave the woman a wink. He held one of the glasses out to her; he actually looked like he was trying to be sincere. Mar'i didn't wish to be rude so she accepted the offer and took the glass from him. "Have you seen Toni and Colette?" she asked looking around now noticing that her dear friends had gone missing.