Chapter Nineteen

"It looks fine as far as stab wounds go. I'm also not a doctor, just reminding you in case you would want to go and see one." She said bandaging her friend's side back up.

     Damian shook his head and stayed quiet, eyes focused on something in the distance. She was back at his apartment again, stopping by to redress the injury for him. There was no way in hell she was going to let him do it himself. "I could have done this myself." He says stubbornly. Mar'i stopped by on her way to meeting Leonardo for dinner. Earlier she had received a text from an unknown number. Leonardo said it was him and that he was using his father's phone since his's battery died.

UNKNOWN: Mar'i darling, I'm staying late. Meet me at that little café down the street that you love? My treat.

M. Grayson: Who is this?

UNKNOWN: It's Leo, phone died, using my fathers. So, dinner?

M. Grayson: Yeah sure, give me thirty minutes I'm in the middle of running an errand.

UNKNOWN: I'll be waiting.

     She received those texts twenty minutes ago. Damian, unfortunately, was her first priority due to the hack job of a fixed injury she did for him. Once again, a few minutes ago, she had to sit on him to keep him from wriggling around. Cleaning the wound was the worst part. Damian said that it felt like a mixture of being burned and stabbed all over again. "You look awfully dressed up for coming over to redress a wound." He noted as she re-bandaged his wound.

"I'm meeting Leo for dinner after this. We're eating at the café down the street from our place. It's my favourite." She gushed.

     The young man gave her a weak smile; he was still in quite some pain. Of course, he wouldn't tell her that it would only worry her. Damian Wayne did not need nor want anyone's help. Mar'i was just as stubborn as he was and refused to take no for an answer. She finished patching him up and checked the time on her watch. "Damn, I should have been there five minutes ago." She says aloud, tearing her eyes away from the watch and climbing off of him.

     Leonardo was probably sitting and waiting for her alone in the café. As she cleaned up she couldn't help but notice how painfully still Damian was sitting on the couch. He should have been moving around by now. "You should really go see a doctor Damian." She said, reminding him yet again of his poor choices. This wasn't a simple paper cut that she could fix with a bandage; this was a stab wound which needed to be treated by professionals.

     He waved her comment off with his hand as if it were nothing. A sigh escaped her lips as she ran a hand down the side of her face, "You're infuriating." She grumbled.

"I seem to have that effect on people." He smiled.

     Mar'i opened her mouth to say something back, a snide remark no less, when her phone began to ring. The young woman turned her head and looked back at her purse that she set down on the small table by the front door. Quickly she walked over and dug out her cell phone from the very bottom of the purple bag. Leonardo's face was glued to the screen of her phone as it continued to ring.

     She turned and brought her index finger to her lips signaling for Damian to stay quiet while she spoke to her fiancé. If he knew she was here he would have her head on a pike. Leo absolutely despised Damian Wayne with every fiber of his being. Maybe if her fiancé was a psycho killer the youngest Wayne in front of her might have been dead already. She snickered at the silly thought and shook her head answering the phone call. "Hello!" she chimed sweetly.

     There was quite some noise in the background. The café must be busy tonight or Leonardo was waiting outside for her to arrive. "Is everything alright darling? You seem to be running well what – fifteen minutes late now." He noted.