Chapter Six

Trial Day
Friday, 9 a.m.
Dave East
I woke up and took a long shower. This could be my last long shower for awhile. I got out and got dressed. I put on a black suit with a white shirt under and my black dress shoes. Then Tiffany woke up.
——-
"Goodmorning." Tiffany said, lowly.
"Goodmorning babe." I said, pecking her lips. Tiffany was quiet as she got dressed. She wore a black dress and some black heels. Her hair was down and straight.
"Come here mama." I said, sitting on the bed. Soon, Tiffany sat beside me.
"I'm scared baby." Tiffany said, looking down.
"Everything is gonna be okay. Just pray baby." I said, lifting Tiffany's head up. Tiffany nodded.
"I got something for you." I said, digging in my pocket. I bought her a necklace with my name and myself one with her name. I put it around her neck.
"Baby...thank you." Tiffany said, holding the necklace tightly.
"Just hold on to me and this necklace. And I promise there will be a ring in our future together. Now, lets go." I said, helping Tiffany up and walking to the front door.
——————
11:30 a.m.
We stood in front of the courthouse. The whole family. Mauri, Leah, Dontae, Ma Dukes, Tiffany's Pops,Lauren, Trevon,My homie, Leon and my aunts. I made my rounds and hugged everyone tightly.
"Let's pray." Ma said, holding back tears. I held Tiffany's hand as everyone else joined hands. We bowed our heads and closed our eyes.
"Dear God, we thank you for keeping us throughout the night and through this journey called life. We ask you God, to forgive you for all of our sins. Now, God we ask you to protect our loved one, Dave. You know his faults and you know his heart. Keep him safe, dear God. Keep him ubder your wing, no matter what happens God. Let him feel your love and the love from his family at all times God. In your son Jesus' name. Amen." Ma prayed,in between tears.
"Amen." Everyone sniffled.
"Its time. I love y'all." I said, I walked with Tiffany on one arm and Ma on the other. The family followed.
—————-
12:00 p.m
**I'm the all rise part and all that**
I stood in front of the judge, heart racing like hell! The judge is a older lady, not as tough.

"I'm going to be as lenient as I can Mr.East."  Judge Carrie said.
"Yes Your honor." I said, patiently waiting.
"Being that you have a child on the way, I sentence you to 6 months in the State Prison and 2 years of probation after your release. Bail will be posted after 3  months." Judge Carrie spoke. I sighed in relief, I looked back at my family as the cops placed the cuffs on me.
"I love you!" Tiffany yelled.
"I love you too." I mouthed before being taken away.
____________________________
Tiffany Love
I held Dave's ma as she cried tears of joy and sadness at the same time. The judge was as lenient as possible and the sentence wasn't as major. We left the courthouse and I went home.
—————-
I changed out of my dress and put on some sweatpants with a tank top.
"Things are going to be hard without Dave here." I said to myself, before turning the t.v on.
—————————————
4:30 p.m
Dave East
I made it to the prison. I sighed deeply and was escorted in. I had on the typical, orange jumpsuit and black ripped off shoes.
——
"I'm Officer James and this is your cell! Call hours are at 10 a.m and 5 p.m. Lights out is at 8:30 and you awake at 4:30 a.m. Breakfast is at 5:30 a.m. and dinner at 6 p.m.Visitation days are Monday-Saturday starting at 10 a.m. ending at 12 p.m." Officer James said, before walking away. I walked in my cell and saw my cell mate.
"Wassup, I'm Marc." Marc said, dapping me.
"Dave." I nodded.
"What you in for?" Marc asked, sitting back on the bunk on the opposite wall.
"Possession of weed. You?" I said, touching the nasty ass thin mattress.
"Same. I get out in some months." Marc nodded. I sighed. I know that once I make bail, my babygirl getting me out of here.
_________________________
5:30 p.m
Tiffany Love
"You can't mop around all day Tiff!" Leah said, plopping on my couch.
"I'll stop when Dave is back home." I sighed, sipping my wine. This is my fifth cup and I'm a little drunk.
"Not uh. Give me this." Leah said, shaking her head and taking my glass.
"Not uh! What are you doing?!" I yelled.
"You don't need anymore." Leah said, pouring it down the sink. I sighed. I stood up slowly.
"You're right. Its only be a couple of hours. I can't drown myself in alcohol." I quietly said, walking to my room. Leah followed. I plopped on the bed.
"Everything is okay babe." Leah said, hugging me. I sighed and held my necklace tightly.
—-
8:30 p.m
Leah left and I was alone. I showered and got dressed. Dave's T-shirt and my black panties. I made sure my front door was locked and then got in bed. I turned on the t.v and watched "Grownish". First lonely night of many.
_______________________
Dave East
I ate that nasty ass food and now I'm in my cell. I met a couple of guys in here. Marc, Tj, and Mike. They chill as fuck and its nice to have some friends while I'm in here.
———
"Thats ya old lady?" Marc asked, as I pinned the picture of me and Tiffany on the wall. Along with ones of me and moms.
"Yeah. And the dukes." I said.
"My old lady waiting on me too. And my two kids." Marc said. I nodded.
"I got a kid on the way now. In three more months, I'm hoping to be out this bitch by then." I chuckled.
"At least you're not doing time like Tj. Nigga facing 10 years!" Marc said, shaking his head. Marc was right. I thank God that I'm not facing hard time.
—————————————
Saturday, 4:30 a.m.
"RISE AND SHINE!" The Officer yelled. I groaned and got up.
"YOU GOT FIVE MINUTES TO SHOWER! LETS MOVEEE!" The Officer yelled again before walking away. The other guards unlocked our cells and we made our way to the showers.
—-
"Don't drop the soap! Don't drop the soap!" I repeated in my head. I showered quickly and didn't drop the soap.

"Wassup playaass?" Tj said, as we walked in the laundry room. My cell mate and our little "clique" are on laundry duty.
"Wassup?" I laughed, shorting the laundry.
"So, you gonna get some while you here fresh meat?" Mike said, nudging me while folding jumpsuits.
"Haha. Nah man. My old lady waiting at home for me. Can't mess that up again." I said, shaking my head.
"Oooh. Again?" Tj asked.
"Hell yeah. I may have fucked up once or twice. But, those were those big ass fuck up. Ya' know?" I said, loading the washer. Tj nodded.
"Man say less! I feel ya on that shit. Before I got locked up, I put my baby moms through it." Marc said. This niggas really relate to me. And it feels good not to be alone.
___________________________
8:30 a.m.
Tiffany Love
I woke up and showered. I put on some jeans, a yellow sweater, and my thigh high brown suede boots. I put my hair in a curly ponytail to the top. I grabbed my purse and keys then left. The drive to the state prison is about 1 hour and a half. I should get there at 10:15.
————————-
10:15
I made it and went through security. Today is just across the glass visitation. Face to Face visitation is next week. I sat at the little table and waited for Dave to appear. Soon he did. Even through the dirty ass glass he looked good as fuck. I quickly picked up the phone.

"Baaaby!" I smiled, Dave smiled and stared at me.
"Hey ma ma. I miss you so much." Dave said.
"I miss you more. I soon as your bail is posted, you're outta here babe." I smiled. Dave had a look on his face.
"Ma, you gotta keep that alcohol down." Dave said, serious as hell.
"Who told you?" I said, looking down.
"Mauri. But, that doesn't matter. I need you to keep yourself straight while I'm in here. You hea' me?" Dave said, sternly. Lowkey turned me on!
"Yes pa pa." I smirked.
"Just wait until I get outta her ma." Dave said, licking his lips.
"TIMES UP!" The officer yelled.
"Thats it?" I said, sad.
"Yeah mama. I'll call you. I love you!" Dave smiled.
"I love you too." I smiled, before he was taken away. I got my things from security and left. Hm, let's go get some work done. I drove straight to Pressed.
————
Dave East
I walked back to my cell, with a cell plastered on my face. I got to see my baby. Not how I would want to. Shit, I wanna see her ass naked and beside me in bed. Haha. That'll wait until I get out. I sat on my bed and chilled.
——-
Then Marc stormed in.
"You good man?" I said, sitting up.
"Nah man. My old lady out there making me look like a whole clown outchea'!" Marc yelled.
"What went down man?" I asked. Marc sat on his bed.
"She just fucking around and shit. I only been here for a month and she already fucking our shit up." Marc said, shaking his head.I could tell that this shit was hurting him. But, all I was thinking about was Tiffany. I know she wouldn't do me wrong. But, I couldn't imagine how lonely she is. And it's only gonna get worst for her. For us.
_______
Tiffany Love
It's finally my lunch break. I've been working nonstop since I left the visitation.Today, me and Dave's mom, Ms.Lorie, are having lunch at Chili's.
——-
"Hey ma." I smiled, as I sat across from her.
"Hey baby." Ms.Lorie said with a smile.
"Order whatever you want. Its all
on me." I smiled.
"I don't even know where to start!" Ms.Lorie laughed. 10 minutes later, our food was brought out. Ms.Lorie ordered a steak alfredo and I ordered a chicken and shrimp alfredo. With some garljc breadsticks to share.
"How have you been holding up?" Ms.Lorie asked me.
"It gets lonely. And I still have to unpack Dave's apartment. Its hard. I visited today." I said.
"It'll be just fine sweetie. I talked to him awhile ago. And I know that my baby will be just fine." Ms. Lorie said, before placing more pasta in her mouth.
"What about you ma? How have you been?" I asked.
"Just fine baby. I miss Dave but I know that God has him." Ms.Lorie smiled. I smiled and held her hand.
____________________________
The End of Chapter Six