Chapter 2 - White Queen (As It Began)

Thursday, 1st May, 1986

Queen Offices

-Are you sure? - Jim asked seriously.

-Yes, I'll gladly take the opportunity, thank you so much! - I answered with a huge smile.

He just let me know that I got the job, they've chosen me to be his new production assistant for the upcoming Magic Tour. I was called to meet him in the Offices, which about I was really surprised, but become more surprised when he explained me the job in full details. Let me tell you, completely not what I expected, but as he went on, I loved the idea more and more. Who wouldn't? Travelling all around Europe with UK's top band? Like a dream. Though it's only a temporary job for the upcoming four months, first of all still better than nothing, secondly I can do something completely different than before.

I was sitting there smiling at Jim and felt myself so honoured like never before. Though they've chosen me from the many applicants, Jim just wanted to make sure if I accept the offer even so knowing every tiny details:

-Okay...just one more question. I know I wouldn't be allowed to ask this but in these circumstances I really have to...wouldn't it be a problem for your family?

-My family? - I looked confused, but after a moment I realised - Oh, I see now. I don't have a family, Mr Beach. This - I pointed to my right where I'm still wearing a golden ring - was made from a necklace I got from my mother for my 25th birthday. But I felt unsafe wearing a golden necklace so before I came to London I got made this ring of it...reminds me for my Mom every single time...and besides a good protection, also. And it seems I've fooled you too with it.

I smiled at Jim again, who sat there in complete silence, but after a few seconds he smiled back:

-Yeah, you did and thanks for your sincerity again. I have to tell you that this skill of yours amongst the others was a major reason choosing you. Now I only need two signatures here and here - he pointed out to the documents on the table before me and it took me one second to sign my employment contract and a confidentiality agreement. Jim picked up the documents, stood up and offered his hand with a huge smile:

-Welcome on board.

-Thank you Mr Beach - I smiled back as I took his hand and shook it.

-Oh, stop it, no more Mr Beach, please call me Jim as everyone else.

-Lyvia - was all I replied to this nice man, who just became my boss and was sending me his warmest smile.

-Now come on - he put his arm around my shoulder - I think the boys are already here, I'd like to introduce you.

Jim led me to the other side of the building and as we were getting closer to a door on the end of a corridor, we already heard someone complaining loud:

-You can't do that! The tour was about to end in Spain, you can't add one more gig in the last minute!

Jim opened the door, let me in and also stepped in behind me. I saw a lot of people in the large room and I got really frightened for a moment, seeing all those unknown faces.