Chapter 11 - Las Palabras de Amor

Wednesday, 18th June, 1986

Leiden, Netherlands

After the two completely sold-out gigs in Leiden, the management just had to insert one more show after Brussels, returning back to the Netherlands and that was also sold out, only in a couple hours. Looked like the audience couldn't get enough of the boys and though they enjoyed it, were still wondering at all. So another long travel on the road again, when we finally arrived back to Leiden. As the bus turned in to the hotel's parking place, we could see a lot of people standing there and heard them shouting and screaming. Jim looked back, already standing in the front of the bus:

-Boys, fans are waiting here. What do you want? - and he looked around between John, Roger, Freddie and Brian. If they say it's okay, he lets them signing and taking pictures for a couple minutes, but if not, they'll be led immediately inside. John looked at Freddie, who looked at Roger, who at Brian and finally he was the one to speak up:

-I guess it's fine Jim.

-Yeah, just let's make it fast. - Roger added. The bus had stopped and the people outside started to shout and scream louder.

-Ready, boys? - Jim asked and as all four of them nodded agreeing, he opened the bus' door.

The boys got off, followed by Ratty, Crystal, Gerry and Jim, trying to protect them at least a bit. They always loved their audience and fans and most of the times took the possibility to make them happy. Though it was a bit exhausting for them, especially so late at night, but they knew they wouldn't be anywhere without their fans and also the fact that for them, this one moment will be the happiest in their lives.

The boys were already signing autographs and making photos with the fans, when I also got off. I caught Jim's eyesight somewhere in the middle of the crowd and tried to show him I'll manage all the necessary stuff at the reception desk. I thought he didn't understand me but he nodded back to me and formed the words "Thank you". So I got inside and stepped to the reception desk:

-Good evening.

-Good evening, what can I help you?

-Uhm...we have a couple room reservations, just a second... - I apologised, because I had to search for my itinerary to check on the names. As always, the boys' reservations were booked under pseudonyms, but I was just not able to memorise those silly names.

-Uhhmmm...here we are...so the first and most important are for Mr Alfred Mason, Mr Brian Manley, Mr Jason Dane and Mr Roy Tanner. Once those are done, will let you know all the others too, but these are needed as soon as possible.

It took about ten minutes and by the time the boys finished the entire signing, said goodnight to their fans and came in. All they had to do is just to show their passports, sign the papers and immediately received their keys. Another 10 minutes later paperwork was done for everyone else too and we could head right into our rooms.

As for me, after what happened in Brussels at the party between me and Roger, I hadn't talked to him at all. All I was doing saying hello if we met and that's what he did as well, hadn't either tried to make any conversations. First I was so very angry about all he did and said to me, I thought I'm gonna kill him or something...yeah, for about one day, because seeing him on stage the next evening melted my heart completely again and all my hidden feelings rushed on me in a second. But I kept myself to what I'd decided: he was the one being that arsehole, he should apologise. I remember, these were my very exact thoughts as I was finally laying in my bed, which felt like heaven for me. Travelling that much on the tour bus exhausted me more than anything, even more than gig days with all of their stress and work, so it took me only a couple of minutes to fall asleep. Busy day tomorrow again, I need to have some sleep. But not that night.