Chapter 5 - The March of the Black Queen

Sunday, 11th May, 1986

Montreux

Though the boys were really against the playback-performance, it turned out being surprisingly outrageous. It seemed to me a little bit ridiculous and I think they felt themselves a bit uncomfortable also, to seem like they're actually playing live. But the setlist they threw up from the songs of the new Magic album worked and the audience was enthusiastic and that made it up to them for this little annoying fact.

After the successful mini-gig the boys decided to go out and celebrate a little and the rest of us agreed. So all the Tour Bus Gang joined them, we all felt that we really deserve a little bit of fun and party after that "hard work". We went to a local bar where the boys and the crew were already well-known: not surprisingly as Queen had a strict relationship with Montreux. Well, it was for me, because I had no idea about it and about the fact they always spent a defined period of time abroad because of the tax-laws in the UK. In my mind it was inconceivable as I wasn't rich and didn't know a shit about these things and always thought that not counting the tours they so often had, they all are resting and reigning in their castles somewhere in the countryside, surrounded by their beloved family. But the truth was way far from what I thought, I learnt that night from Jim, with whom I was already sitting in the bar having a beer and a vodka-shot.

Jim was really pleased when he found out I like vodka as much as they all do; well, except for Roger, who prefers whiskey (Southern Comfort to be precise), but I soon assured him I love that also. Since I came to London I haven't drank or eaten any Greek things - though you can find some really great products of quality if you want to - but to be honest, I just didn't want to. I wanted to forget my previous life, because it all reminded me of what has happened. No way I wanted to remember that...so I tried to be as British as just possible and that's why in the past three years I became some kind of a mixture: no Greek already, but not British yet. The boys knew already where I came from, but they were gentlemen in this: I answered if they asked something, but soon became clear for them I don't like talking about my home, so they just haven't asked anymore. It was John I talked the most about my past and home, but yet he didn't know the whole truth. And I have to tell you they were really helpful if it was about speaking or understanding the language. They repeated if I didn't understand ("Boys, again and slower" became a proverb in the band and crew), explained if it was needed, even corrected if I wasn't right. I have to tell you, I've learnt a lot from them, way more than during my whole stay in London.

As me and Jim were sitting and having a long conversation about how to change the world, the boys ruled the whole bar, being the coolest party-animals only they can be.

-Hey Lyv - a seemingly bit drunk Roger sat down to our table later that night - so how's it goin', have you picked up a guy already?

-No, not really my area. - I answered.

He just took off his Ray Ban he was wearing (again), stared at me for a second, then smiled with his huge badass smile:

-Oh, so you picked up a girl? I wouldn't think THAT of you Lyv, you cutie-badass.

I stared at him in amazement as I understood the meaning of his words and didn't know how to reply for long moments, but he continued:

-Where is she, introduce me to your new girlfriend, maybe we could have a nice time together, all three of us.

I felt myself pissed off as hell and wondering, how is he able to do this to me in only a couple moments. I wanted to say something like"fuck off", but I can't do it, after all, he's my boss. Finally I found the right words:

-I can assure you Roger, I'm not gay and I have a total interest for men. What I've been saying is just not my area to pick up anybody in a bar.

-Now THAT's your problem - he pointed at me, still smiling - because you'd really need to find someone to fuck you. Won't be easy, but maybe we can find some insane guy for this purpose here.