Chapter 7 - Party

Saturday, 7th June 1986

Stockholm, Sweden

The fright pulls together the production, they used to say and it's completely true, I learnt that evening. Though we all had a big laugh in the dressing room teasing each other, the boys couldn't help themselves to be nervous about the first show. But they are professionals, though Freddie messed up the lyrics sometimes, but his voice was in top shape that night and sang with such an excitement that it overrode any shortcomings. So it's natural the boys wanted so celebrate the success of the first gig and decided to go out to some club to have a party. All the Tour Bus Gang was invited, alongside with some of the roadies, of course strictly only after they finished packing in the stadium.

Actually I was quite late to arrive because to be honest I got lost a little, but of course the boys were already there when I stepped in, all and everyone in Party King mode. The music was loud and everyone was seemingly a bit drunk already. I stopped near to the entrance to map the place, when suddenly someone took my hand and started to drag me inside to the dance floor:

-Livy, finally you arrived! - yes, John Deacon was no exception of being drunk, mainly because of his little stage behind-the-amp cocktail bar.

-Hey Deaks, wait a minute - I laughed out loud - let me have a drink first.

-Okay, I'm always ready for a drink, you know. What do you want? - he pulled me now to the counter by my hand.

-Uhmmm, considering the fact I was scared to death tonight at my first gig ever with you guys...one shot and beer and that's only the beginning. - I smiled at him as we sat down.

-Good answer girl. - he put his arm around my shoulder, then ordered the same for himself too. In the meantime I was busy saying hello to everyone around us as they showed up one by one for drinks.

-So, cheers. - John said lifting the two vodka-shots and giving me one.

-Not so fast Deaks. - I smiled at him, but he sent me back a questioning look - First of all, let me congratulate you for your amazing gig tonight, you were really fantastic. - I kissed his cheek then winked at him - All of you actually.

-Thank you. - he sent me his usual wide, but shy smile.

-So I raise my glass to you honey. - now I've seen his face becoming a little bit red.

-But you know, I couldn't do it without your help, so I raise mine to you, as the hero and saviour of the day.

-Dear Lord, yes - I laughed out - Jim warned me I can see you guys in your pants but I wouldn't think for a second it's gonna be right at the first gig.

-I thought it will happen earlier, so... - he shrugged his shoulder.

-Oh, you bastard - I slapped his arm - cheers.