Chapter One

1.14.18
tw; a character throws up
434 words

awsten p.o.v.

i woke up in a cold sweat and blue-violet-black. unable to catch my breath, i threw my blankets off and ran out of my room. my feet slid on the lavender spots of the wooden floor. i slipped and fell right outside of geoff's bedroom. i didn't take even a second to recollect myself and stumbled into the bathroom, where i puked up the contents of my stomach into the sink.

i could already hear otto clucking at the mess and me like a mother hen.

i whimpered and sat down, hugging my knees. i spent a minute or two trying to calm myself down. i wasn't in the mood for a panic attack; when was i ever?

"hey, aws, you okay?" i heard geoff whisper.

i looked up at him. he had his head poked in just enough to see me, but not enough to see the sink. i had half the mind to let him go back to bed. i knew i shouldn't and to utilise the comfort when it's offered to me. i just didn't know how because i didn't want him touching me.

i shook my head. geoff opened the door all the way and finally saw the sink. his face fell and he kneeled down next to me. "daffodil, did you have another nightmare?" he asked, rubbing my neck. he knew that i didn't like being hugged after nightmares.

he just didn't know why, and it wasn't like i was planning on telling him anytime soon.

his eyebrows were furrowed, most likely with concern. "you're shaking. was it really bad?"

i nodded, not taking my chin off my knees. geoff held my hair back from my forehead so that he could kiss it. "they're just nightmares. they're not real, awsten."

but they were, but there was no way i was telling him. i showed him the asl sign for 'i love you' and he gave it back. together we stood and cleaned up the mess i made in the sink. i apologised profusely, but all he did was kiss the side of my head.

after me and the sink were all washed up, i held geoff's hand as he led me back to my room. he offered to spend the rest of the night with me, but i refused. he tucked me in and left, leaving my door open for the hallway light to flood in gently.

i turned over onto my side, facing the hallway. i silently cursed myself for not telling him about that wednesday after all. i wondered when i would be able to.