Chapter Four

1.15.18
edit: 8.23.20
941 words

awsten p.o.v.

i got up early on valentine's day and dressed in simple black jeans and a pink jumper that swallowed me whole. i wanted to make the start of the day special for geoff, so i decided to make breakfast.

i quietly hurried downstairs to check if we had everything i needed. i relaxed greatly when we did.

otto came downstairs sometime while i was cooking the bacon in the pan. "wow, someone's an early riser." he mumbled. i nodded and glanced at him. he was sitting at the table with his head in his hands. his long curly hair was everywhere and made me laugh.

he flipped me off, but that only made me laugh harder. "fuck off, awsten. i'm not in the mood right now, i'm still tryin' to wake up."

i pointed to his hair and turned back to the stove. i waited about five seconds before i heard him groan. "don't laugh at me and my misfortune for havin' this hair." he whined. "or else i'll chop it all off."

i doubted grace would be a big fan of that. i turned my head to raise an eyebrow at him. he narrowed his eyes at me. "i know what you're thinkin', and right now i can't bring myself to care."

i waved at him and stacked some pancakes, bacon, and eggs on a plate for him. i put his food down and winked at him. he rolled his eyes but thanked me.

i was about to go ask him to wake geoff up when i heard the devil himself coming down the stairs. i looked to see him with his shirt ridden up and him scratching at his stomach. i giggled and turned to put some food on a plate for him too. i bounced over to where he was sitting at the table and put the plate down. he looked at it with a surprised look and then at me.

"did you make this all by yourself?" he asked. i blushed at the sound of his raspy morning voice. i nodded and kissed his nose before going to load a plate up for myself.

"aws is such a big boy, holy shit." otto said in mock-excitement. "he can cook all by himself!"

"well, you can't fuck grace by yourself, so..." geoff sassed casually. otto's eyes widened as he was taking a bite and he yelled.

"ow! fuck, geoff! jesus!" he dropped his fork on his plate. his hands flew up to cover his mouth. i furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head to the side.

otto glared daggers at geoff. "that fucker made me stab myself."

geoff rolled his eyes. "did not. not my fault you're desperately - and failing - to hide that you're poly."

otto cried, "if anybody cares at all, i'm not actually poly!"

geoff stuck his tongue out at him. "you are too."
"i am not!"
"are too."
"am not!"
"are too!"
"am not!"
"are not!"

"i am too! wait, no, fuck, i-"

geoff nearly knocked over his chair from laughing his life away. a mad honey glow came into otto's cheeks.

"you're a fuckin' bully." he mumbled. he stood and took his dishes to the sink. "thanks for breakfast, awsten. i'm gonna go get ready and then i'll be off to grace's. be good, boys."  he gave geoff a pointed look before going upstairs.

i pointed after him and gave geoff an orange-blue paisley look. i could see the slight pink tint to his cheeks. "he's probably just worried we'll burn the house down."

i nodded slowly and put my dishes in the sink. i cleaned up breakfast as geoff finished eating.

"what are the plans for today, angel?" he asked me when we were sitting down on the couch in the front room. i put a finger on my chin in pretend thought. i held it up to signify for him to hold on. i jumped up and went to turn on the wii. he wasn't on the couch when i turned back around.

i pouted. i cleared my throat and called, "g-geoff?"

he came back running down the stairs with blankets in his arms. "sorry, sorry, daffodil. i'm here. i just thought we should have some blankets."

i nodded as he handed me my blue fuzzy blanket. i pressed it up to my face and breathed in the fresh laundry smell. i giggled into the silver-pink butterfly material and plopped down on the couch.

geoff sat down next to me with an arm around my shoulders. i smirked at him and he shrugged. "you can't really blame me, hun."

i laughed and kissed him on the corner of his lips. he pouted at me. i grinned cheekily, my tongue just barely poking out between my teeth. a honey glow spread across his cheeks and he leaned in to kiss me. i brought a hand up to his hair and another on his thigh. we kissed for a minute before i suddenly jumped up from the couch.

geoff stared at me and his jaw dropped. "you can't just do that." he breathed. i shrugged and went over to the wii. i made sure he couldn't see the zelda game i was putting in.

i grabbed two wii remotes and sat back down next to geoff. he was watching me with an eyebrow raised. "what... what's this?"

i thought that we could spend a day in and relax, i signed. just you, me, and nintendo. and cuddles and kisses, if those are all alright with you.

geoff grinned and took a wii remote from me. "well, cuddling is what the blankets are for, kitten."