Chapter Six

1.17.18
edit: 8.23.20
338 words

geoff p.o.v.

i woke up sometime late the next morning. my head was fucking pounding, and i didn't get why. i haven't drank an ounce of alcohol since before christmas break. i blinked rapidly to try and rid myself of the pressure.

i groaned and rolled out of bed. i almost went straight downstairs if it weren't for me catching a glimpse of the bathroom. i cussed, remembering what happened last night. it didn't really explain my headache though.

i shuffled to awsten's room and peeped inside. he was curled up in his blankets, but his head was at the foot of his bed. he was still sleeping peacefully. his features were relaxed and much less upset and angry-looking.

i sighed and finally headed downstairs. i glanced at the clock on the stove and saw that it read 11:46 am. i decided not to wake awsten up because i felt like he could use the sleep. i made myself a bowl of cereal and watched youtube videos as i ate.

otto came home around noon. he furrowed his eyebrows when he saw me. and came to sit at the table next to me. "hey, where's awsten?"

i pointed towards the stairs. "he's still sleeping."

otto's eyes widened. "holy shit, did you fuck him that hard?" his demeanor changed when i looked down at my hands. "or did y'all not...have a chance?"

"he freaked out on me yesterday." i whispered. "i...we were like...getting there, i think, but then i... i don't know what i did, something i did upset him..."

otto put an arm around my shoulders. "how exactly did he react?"

i shrugged. "i-i don't know. he might have been on the verge of a panic attack, now that i look back..."

"but why would he freak out over that?" otto asked. "we know awsten. there's nothin' that he told us that would make him upset over this, is there?"

"i don't know." i admitted. "but we might not know everything after all..."