Chapter Seven

1.17.18
edit: 8.23.20
IT AWSTEN'S BIRTHDAY TODAY WOW WHAT A BOY WHAT A SOFT BOY & B O I.

742 words

awsten p.o.v.

it was monday afternoon during lunch when i got the email.

"welcome back to the daily progress meeting." geoff announced around a mouthful of sandwich. he thumps a hand down on the table. "what's happening in life today, folks?"

i unlocked my phone. my original plan was to fangirl about my 'instagram fame,' but an email notification stopped me. i clicked on it, and squealed. i nearly threw my phone when i read the first sentence.

otto and geoff looked at me with alarm. "daffodil, what is it?" geoff asked.

i excitedly shoved my phone into his hands. he had fortunately put down his food before i had. otto read the email over his shoulder. their faces lit up by the second the further they read.

"holy fuck, aws, congratulations!" otto exclaimed. the librarian shushed him politely, and he whisper-yelled back to her, "sorry, but my boy just got accepted to the university of houston!"

geoff kissed my cheek. a honey glow landed on my face as he said, "congrats, baby boy. you did it."

"this calls for a celebration!" otto cried out. "we gotta gather jawn, and grace, and gracie, and zakk, and-"

"juss' us...?" i asked sheepishly.

otto instantly agreed. "or that, yeah, sure. just you, me, and geoffrey here. the three of us celebratin', bein' lads, partyin' the shit up."

"let's hope today hurries its ass up, then." geoff laughed.

******

i looked up from the picture of a guitar that i was colouring when geoff came in to my room. he looked a little sad. i furrowed my eyebrows and titled my head to the side. he shook his head and sat down next to me. he picked up a black coloured pencil and continued colouring his own guitar.

i placed my hand on his. today was a good day. when the three of us got home, we really did have a small celebration, complete with party horns, ice cream and streamers. geoff got a call during our celebration. apparently he didn't get off it until just now, so i assumed it was the call that upset him.

he looked up at me to meet my concerned gaze. he sighed and kissed my nose. "i'm just worried...and worried about you. it's okay, i'm just...dwelling, and apprehensive."

i frowned and sat up to hug him. he rested his face in my chest. i could feel him breathing, and i wondered if he was trying not to cry. i didn't pester him about it and just let him sit-lay there. i eventually realised that he fell asleep. i felt my face get hot as i shook him gently awake.

he brought his head up to look at me with orange-blue paisley. i shrugged and mumbled, "fell as-asleep..."

he laughed and moved away. "alright, let's color away." i stretched out on my stomach and geoff did the same.

my phone buzzed ten minutes later.

otto-matic: hey, are you &  geoff home?
pomegranate: yee, we're in my room.

not even a second later, there was a knock on my door. otto walked in and saw us colouring. he furrowed his eyebrows. "are y'all seriously colorin'?"

my boyfriend pointed to me. "his idea."

i poked his cheek. "sssso what?"

he kissed my nose. "i couldn't resist." i giggled.

otto winced. "uh, yeah. er, look. i'll go if y'all are gonna be all lovey dovey."

geoff huffed. "i guess we won't make out if it means sparing your oh-so innocent mind." geoff and i burst out laughing when otto's face turned red.

he rolled his eyes and laid down across from us. "you two are actin' like a couple of school girls."

geoff shrugged. "in case you haven't noticed, we are."

otto reached over to hit him upside the head. "yeah, i've noticed, dickwad."

for the next ten minutes, otto watched me and geoff colour. sometimes he would pick up a pencil and draw a line on our pictures. each time he did, i would stab him with the pencil i had. when i finally had enough, i dropped my pencil and stood up, putting my hands on my hips.

"what?" my boys asked in unison. i responded by pointing at my door.

"be-bedtime." the other two laughed but left without any arguments. as i got ready for bed, i thought that maybe, just maybe, i was invincible after all.