3

"Hi I'm Grayson" he said with his arms leaning up against the counter.

"Hi... I'm Rose" I said with a goofy smile.

"It's nice to meet you" he said sticking his hand out for me to shake it.

I shook his firm hand while I glared into his beautifully colored eyes. My hands were much smaller than his but they fit perfectly together.

"I've never seen you around here before" he said finally letting go.

"My mom and I just moved here from Florida. Two days ago actually" I said a little embarrassed at my new arrival.

"So what brings you to Jersey?" he asked concerned.

"Well my mom got a better job here and we both couldn't stand Florida weather" I said staring down at my coffee.

He was silent.

After a while of no conversation, Grayson got up.

"I'll see you around Rose" he said smiling and walking out of the shop; making the bell ring again.

I waved goodbye and looked back down at my feet, sad he left so soon.

I noticed he had left a napkin where he was sitting. There was something written on it.

Call me
*number*
Grayson Dolan

I almost dropped my phone while I was taking it out of my pocket. I quickly added his name into my contacts and left the cafe.

I drove home with a million thoughts going through my head.

Should I call him? Should I text him? Should I wait a few more days? Can I last a few more days?

I rushed home feeling scrambled. Trying to focus on the house, hoping it would take my mind off of it.

When I got home I laid everything I bought out on the living room floor. I tried to put everything in order, making some sort of organization system.

My mom walked down the stairs just as I was about to start.

"Wow honey. Everything looks amazing" she said with a wide smile.

"Well I haven't started yet" I said slightly laughing.

"I'm sure it's going to look great" she assured me.

She started to walk back up the stairs but I quickly stopped her.

"Oh mom?" I said stopping everything and walking up to her.

"Yes?" she said coming back down the few steps.

"I met this boy today" I said blushing.

"Really? What's his name?" my mom was always interested in the "boy stories" that I had to tell.

"Grayson Dolan. He gave me his number" I said smiling uncontrollably.

"Well I want to meet this mysterious man soon" she said giving me a smirk and walking back up the stairs.

I walked back to my area and immediately started decorating.

I started on the two guest rooms upstairs.