19

I stared deep into his eyes; the warm hazel of his stared back.

"When I met you, I wasn't in the best mental state. I had just moved away from everything I ever knew. I was scared and a little lost but you were my only friend. You helped me get through my roughest times and you shared my happiness during my best times. I love you with all my heart and I can't wait to share the rest of my life with you" his chin quivered at my words; trying to hold back his tears.

The pastor now looked towards Grayson, signalling that it was his turn. Grayson cleared his throat; trying to pull himself together.

"You, Rose, make me who I am. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be happy with who I was today. You make me laugh, you share my feelings and you care for me. I've truly found a queen" he slightly paused and let out a small chuckle.

"No one in my life is more important than you. Words can't describe how I feel about you. I promise you that I will take you to a place that feels safe. I will make this world feel like a home. I will never allow the world to steal you away from me. I promise you that I will do what it takes to keep your smile happy, your heart safe and your soul loved. I love you so much" he struggled to hold in his weeps.

I couldn't hold it in any longer. My cheeks were covered in tears and I didn't care. His words pulled at every string that attached to my fragile heart.

"The rings" the pastor motioned to Ethan and Sarah.

Sarah handed me Grayson's wedding band while Ethan handed Grayson mine.

"Both repeat after me" he paused. "With this ring I make you my partner, my soul mate and my best friend. May we joined in holy matrimony" we repeated each section as we slowly slid our bands onto each other's wedding fingers.

"Rose Strouce" the pastor interrupted my sobs. "Do you take Grayson Dolan to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do" I didn't hesitate to answer.

"And do you, Grayson Dolan, take Rose Strouce to be your wife?" he turned towards Grayson.

My eyes landed on his watery eyes. He smiled largely before answering.

"I do" he spoke squeezing my hands.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" he backed away with a smile giving us some room.

Grayson grabbed my face; bringing be closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist as he pressed his plump lips against mine with passion like never before. This time I didn't feel fireworks. I felt a fucking bomb go off. With my eyes closed, I heard everyone quickly stand and cheer for us; hands clapping and voices shouting. I pulled away, sharing the happiness of Grayson's smile. He let go of one of my hands, keeping the other intertwined with his fingers. We turned and faced everyone; quickly walking back down the aisle in excitement. They continued to cheer as Grayson and I ran back to the small cabin so we could change. Grayson put on a more formal suit and I changed into a casual dress.

 Grayson put on a more formal suit and I changed into a casual dress