16

-next day-

The first thing we did when we got up was tell Ethan about the engagement. He surprisingly has very happy for us. But it has been over three years since what happened.

"Finally you'll move out and I won't have to hear you guys fucking all the time" he said letting a small laugh leave his mouth.

"You know you like it" Grayson joked, wrapping his arm around Ethan's neck.

Grayson and I headed over to my house to go tell my mom the news.

"I'm nervous" I spoke as we were about to open the front door.

"Don't worry she loves me" Grayson chuckled and led me through the door.

"Mom?" I yelled hoping she would come out.

"Hey honey" my mom walked down the stairs and greeted us with hugs.

"What are you two doing here? I thought since you stayed the night with Grayson-" I cut her off.

"We have something to tell you" I said smiling wide and looking up at Grayson.

"We got engagement" I said excitedly, sticking my hand out in my mom's face.

She instantly started crying.

"I'm so happy for you" she said attacking me in another hug.

She let go and gave Grayson a huge hug too.

"You're lucky I like you" my mom jokingly said as she pointed her finger against his chest.

We giggled at her words and she immediately started to talk to us about the wedding.

When will it be? Where will it be? How many people do you want? You is invited? What kind if cake? What kind of flowers?

Grayson and I were wore out by the time we got home and we only spent an hour with her. She continuously attacked us with heavy questions. But we already knew what we were doing. It was going to be on January 24th which was only two months away. We were going to have the wedding in a grassy field where Grayson and I would always go, to get away from everything and calm our nerves. Only family and close friends were invited. I was going to go dress shopping with my mom and Sarah later next week. One of my good friends is a hair dresser and makeup designer so she was going to do my hair and makeup. Grayson and I are going to go cake testing next month. We had it all mapped out.

__________

-dress shopping-

"Mom I already tried that one on. I'm too fat" I said looking in the mirror with one of the dresses on.

"You're not fat Rose" she walked up to me and looked at me through the mirror.

"You're absolutely beautiful" she said hugging me from behind.

Her words made me smile.

"Grayson is the luckiest man in the world" Sarah said looking at me with sympathy.

"How about this one?" the store manager came out with a beautiful long dress that was to die for.

"Let me try it on" I said excited, walking back into the dressing room.

I looked in the small dressing room mirror and smiled knowing that this was the one. It was simple yet effective. Something that I've always dreamed of. I walked out, not being able to keep the wide smile off of my face. My mom turned her head and her eyes became wide and watery.