11. Metamorphosis

METAMORPHOSIS

The next morning I wake up with a jolt, heart beating fast as the surroundings slowly settle in, faint sunlight illuminating the room

The next morning I wake up with a jolt, heart beating fast as the surroundings slowly settle in, faint sunlight illuminating the room. Next to me, I smile a little when I see a familiar brown haired head, quietly moving in my spot so as not to wake him.

Minutes later, however, Peter wakes up with a yawn, blinking a few times as he senses movement on the bed.

"Hey." Peter sleepily greets with a small smile, shifting on the bed so that he's facing me. When I don't respond, he opens his eyes with a slight frown.

"You okay?" Peter asks.

"Yeah. I'm okay." I say giving him a smile, resting my chin on my knees as I let out a soft breath.

"Are you sure?" He asks sitting up.

"It was just a bad dream." I say slightly shaking my head, pursing my lips as we make eye contact.

"What kind of bad dream?" He asks with a frown.

"Well..." I start, voice trailing off as I recall what the dream was about.

It's okay Vanessa, you can tell Peter. I think to myself taking in a deep breath.

"Well, the dream was about you." I say looking away. "Someone was going after you and you were hurt, and...yeah..." I stop.

"It's okay." He says softly. "It was just a dream. I'm still here." He says giving me a soft, warm hug. "I'm okay."

"Y-yeah, I know." I say with a nod, shutting my eyes tight as I hug him back.

"How are your bruises?" He asks as we break apart.

"Not sure, but don't hurt as much anymore." I say with a smile. "You?"

"Same here." He says, the two of us letting out a slight chuckle, interrupted when I wince.

"What's wrong?" Peter asks growing serious.

"My eyes hurt." I say shutting my eyes tight, softly applying pressure on my eyelids as the burning, not sensation increases. "Maybe because of the crying?" I suggest peaking one eye open.

"Let me see." Peter says scooting closer to me as open my eyes and look at him.

"Woah." He says, his eyes widening.

"What is it?" I ask, biting the inside of my cheek nervously.

"Well, I don't want you to freak out but, your eyes are glowing blue." He says in the calmest of ways, his eyes carefully watching for my reaction.