38. ENDGAME

ENDGAME

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ    Portals- Alan Silvestri   0:01 ─●──────── 3:15       ◁          II          ▷

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
Portals- Alan Silvestri
0:01 ─●──────── 3:15
◁ II ▷

"Everyone alright?" Tony asks.

"We're alright," Steve replies helping everyone up. "What was that?"

"The kid was right. Thanos is back," He says. "The barrier will buy us some time but it won't be enough."

"Then we better hurry and get to him first."

"Kiddo? Stay back just in case and keep and eye on the gauntlet. We don't want Thanos getting anywhere near it."

"Copy that."

"Clint?" Tony calls out.

"I got eyes on the target," he says.

"Good, don't let him come near the building."

"You got it boss," he says, bow at the ready and pointing and arrow in Thanos' direction.

Exchanging a nod, Steve, Tony and Thor head out to face Thanos, the rest of the team getting into position to provide back up if needed.

"We're all in position," Natasha says through the coms.

"Good, we're about to face the mad Titan. Do not engage unless it's necessary."

Vanessa anxiously watches as the mad Titan stops, weapon in hand as he begins his speech, their talk soon turning into a fight.

Her body moves on her own taking a step forward, wanting to go down there and help, but she has another mission, so she forces herself to stay in place.

The girl's shoulders tense when she feels someone behind her, but before she has any time to react, she feels an electric shock throughout her body, the impact sending her to the ground, the figure's boots the only thing visible.

"I'm sorry," she says, bending down to the girl's level, "it's not personal."

With a groan, the girl watches as the blue luphomoid walks away, her eyes closing as she gathers her strength to stand back up. Fortunately, her suit took some of the impact.

Managing to get to her feet, her face drains as realization hits her.

She let her guard down.

The gauntlet is gone.

And so is nebula.

"Guys?" She calls into the com, "Nebula is gone."

"What?"

"And she took the gauntlet."

"Then we better hurry and find it."

"FRIDAY, mind giving us a hand?"