18. Announcement

After getting caught in the awkward situation with Tony, who somehow seemed to always catch them in the worst of moments, Peter and Vanessa continue to try out her new abilities as secretly as possible.

"Come on Nessa," Peter whines, "one more time." 

"I don't think I can do it anymore peter." Vanessa says letting out a small huff as she places her hands on her hips, taking a deep breath to try to ground herself again.

"Pleeeeeeeaaaaseeeeee." Peter says giving her the best puppy eyes he can muster.

"No. Nope." She says shaking her head, slightly glancing sideways to avoid the look on his face, which was starting to work. "Don't do that Peter, it won't work." She adds crossing her arms, but it's too already too late and Peter knows that.

"Alright fine." She says uncrossing her arms, slightly rolling her eyes as her friends smiles in victory.

"Works every time." He says and Vanessa playfully punches his arm as she walks past him.

"This is the last time okay?"

"Okay." Peter says nodding his head enthusiastically.

Vanessa only walks a few more steps before she stops and closes her eyes, focusing on the ground around her as she feels her energy spike up. When she opens her eyes again, she smiles as she successfully levitates off the ground.

"How does it feel?" Peter asks looking up at her, watching as her brows slightly draw together as she thinks.

"I don't really know how to explain it to be honest." She says moving her hands so that she is closer to him. "Hey Peter?"

"Hm?"

"Can I see your hand?" She asks making him raise a brow at her request, but he nods none the less and extends his arm.

As their index fingers connect, Peter feels a brief tingly sensation on his body, his eyes going wide as he sees the floor get farther and farther away.

"Woah." He says looking at her. "This is so cool! I can't believe we didn't think about doing this before!"

"I know right?" Vanessa says with a slight giggle. "I didn't think it was actually going to work." She says and she watches as Peter's brows furrow closer.

"You don't seem to be using your regular energy like Wanda does when she flies though." He mumbles looking at the ground, their eyes widening as an idea comes to mind.

"Then that means..." she starts, her voice trailing off at the end as she thinks.

"Gravity manipulation!" They say at the same time.

"This just got way cooler. You literally defy the laws of gravity Nessa!"

"What happens if we separate?" She asks raising a brow.

"There's only one way to find out." Peter says pulling away slowly, his body floating for a second before he falls down, only to be yanked back up by her as she grabs his hand.

"Okay, we are not doing that again." Vanessa says with wide eyes, her heart beating at a million beats per second. "Ever."

"Agreed." Peter says swallowing hard.

A very familiar voice echoes on the hallway outside the training room, snapping both their heads in the direction of the voice.

"Has anyone seen the kids?" The voice asks, but before they can hear the reply, Vanessa grabs Peter's hand and drags him along with her through a portal leading to her room.

"What do we do?!?" Peter asks looking around the room frantically as if looking for the answer.

"Just act natural!" Vanessa says grabbing a book and throwing it in his direction, which thankfully he catches.

Minutes later, the door of her room opens to reveal Tony, his eyes eyes narrowed at the sight in front of him.

At first glance, Tony couldn't see either one, but as he steps further into her room, his eyes land on their figures.

"Hey mister Stark." Peter greets hanging upside down from his spot in the ceiling, the book firmly grasped in his hand. Vanessa on the other hand, hovers a few inches above her bed, turning a page of her book like it's no big deal that she's floating.

"What's going on Tony?" Vanessa asks placing her book on the nightstand by using her energy.

"You kids are so weird." Tony says giving them one last glance before slightly shaking his head.

"I just came by to tell you that we are meeting in the living room in a few minutes." Tony announces, making Peter and Vanessa glance at each other with raised brows.

"We'll be right there Mr. Stark." Peter says perfectly landing in the bed.

"Good." Tony says walking out of her room. "And you were holding that book upside down!" Tony shouts making Peter redden.

Somehow they always got caught.

"I wonder what he wants to tell us." Vanessa asks.

"Well, we better hurry if we want to find out." Peter says. "Race you to the living room!" He adds taking off on a run.

"Hey!" Vanessa protests running after him. "That's not fair Pete!"

When they reach the living room, they realize that they are the last ones to meet in the living room, making them lower their gazes to avoid the stares given by the rest of the Avengers.

"Alright," Tony says clapping his hands to get everyone's attention, "now that everyone is gathered here, I have an announcement to make," he adds grabbing Pepper's hand and pulling her close to him, "Pepper and I are officially engaged."

"About time." Clint says clapping.

"Congratulations Tony." Steve says patting his shoulder.

"Thank you." Tony says fondly staring at his family.

"I can't believe mister Stark is getting married." Peter says, his mouth slightly open as he processes the announcement.

"Well I am kiddo. And you two better be ready because you will be important guests." Tony says placing his hand on Peter's shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze.

"I'm invited?" Peter asks making Tony roll his eyes.

"Of course you are kiddo. It'll be a small thing, but I want all of you to be there."

"Thank you so much mister Stark!" Peter says giving him a quick hug. "You won't regret it!"

"I know I won't." Tony says chuckling. "But maybe try to calm down a bit, okay?"

"S-sorry."

"Alright! Who's ready to party?" Tony asks earning a smack on the arm from Pepper, who gives him a small smile before she heads towards the rest of the Avengers.

"Where are you going?"

"To start preparing everything of course."

Hi everyone! It's been a long time. Life has been busy but I'm happy to update again. I'm very sorry for the long wait!

Also, there's been a few comments about this so I'll explain,

The version of Peter that I have in mind when writing this story is Tom Holland's Spider-Man, however, some things mentioned in the book are based on the comics or overall movies. But Tom is the one ;)

Thank you for reading!

-Van