22. Vacation

VACATION

"Aren't you supposed to be on your honey moon right now?" Vanessa asks as Tony hurries everyone along, going into the avengers room to deliver an important message.

"We are." Tony replies. "But we thought it would be nice to bring the team along for a brief getaway, so hurry and pack up your things."

"Don't worry." Pepper says putting a hand on her shoulder. "He's been wanting to do this for a while now."

"But still..."

"You know we can't change his mind." Pepper says with a fond smile. "Just go along with it." She adds. "Be ready in half an hour."

"Okay." Vanessa says letting out a gentle sigh, heading to her room to pack her things.

Much like Pepper said earlier, half an hour later, the team is gathered in the living room, their bags lining up the living room as they wait for Tony.

"Is everyone packed and ready to go?" Tony asks scanning everyone's faces as they sit in the living room.

"We are we going again?" Peter asks letting out a yawn.

"On vacation." Tony says. "For team bonding."

"If everyone is here, let's board the jet. We have no time to waste."

With a nod, the team thanks him and heads to the hangar, a sleepy boy staying behind.

"Come on kiddo." Tony says patting Peter's back. "It's going to be fun. You can get as much rest as you need in the plane."

"Okay Mr. Stark." He says grabbing his backpack, hugging it close to his body as he boards the plane.

"Hey." Peter tiredly greets as he plops down next to his friend, the girl greeting him with a smile.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" Vanessa asks.

"Tired. Need sleep." He tiredly replies, putting his backpack away before he shifts and settles on his seat, letting himself slide until he reaches a point where he can rest his head on her shoulder. "I couldn't get any sleep last night." 

"I see." She says, smiling to her herself when the boy goes quiet, his eyes closing, and his breath slowing down. "Sweet dreams Pete."

Throughout the flight, the girl makes sure he is comfortable, the boy slightly stirring when she covers him with a blanket.

Not long after, her eyes start to close as well, and soon she joins him in dream land until the arrival to their destination.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Wake up kiddos! We're here." Tony's voice loudly shouts as their seats shake.

"What time is it?" Peter asks rubbing his eyes.

"Don't know." Tony answers with a shrug. "But we've already landed. Everyone already got off except for you two."

"Okay. We'll be there in a bit." Peter says, smiling when the girl hands him his backpack. "Thanks Nessa."

"No problem."

"Did you love birds have a nice sleep?" Clint teases as the two step out of the plane, but the pair just smiles in response and continues on their way.

"I swear," Clint says, "it's no fun when they don't react to my teasing."

"That's probably because we are all used to it by now." Natasha says, smirking as she leaves a sulking Clint behind.