28. A Strange Day

A STRANGE DAY

Papers lay sprawled out all around her, her pen repeatedly taping her chin as she thinks, notes scribbled all over the place.

Letting out a long sigh, the girl closes her laptop, pressing the bridge of her nose as she tilts her head back.

There is too much to figure out.

The girl's head snaps up when she hears a buzzing sound in front of her, a yellow portal soon appearing in the middle of the room.

Is that who I think it is?

"Miss Lee, I presume?" The man says, the girl slowly nodding her head after blinking a few times.

There is no doubt about it.

"That would be me." She says, putting her pen down. "What brings you here Dr. Strange?"

The man raises a brow at the mention of name but continues none the less.

"It has recently been brought up to our attention that a certain individual somehow passed through our dimensional barrier without us knowing." He states, cape flowing behind him as he steps into the room.

"I'm actually surprised it took so long." The girl says looking down.

"Yeah, well, we have a certain individual to thank for that." Dr. Strange says. "He made it quite hard to track you."

Loki. She thinks to herself with a small smile.

"May I inquire as to what your relationship is to him?"

"We are mutual acquaintances." She says, careful not to let anything that could get him in trouble slip.

"Part of my job is to keep a watchlist of individuals and beings from other realms that may be threat to this world. Loki is in that list. I'm afraid I'm going to need something more specific than that miss Lee."

When he gives her a look she proceeds to explain.

"He needed help with something and I was the one who could help him at the time."

"And what would Loki want with a mid-guardian from another dimension?" He asks.

She lets out a sigh. She should know better than to keep at this guessing game.

"Let's just say he was the one that guided me when we found out about the inter-dimensional portals."

"Right. That is another thing that we need to talk about." He says. "May I?" He asks signaling to a nearby chair.

"By all means." She says, still shocked by his presence.

"I'm guessing you already knew about the portals?" She asks.

"To be fair, it didn't come to our attention until recently. But we've been keeping an eye on you ever since."

"How long have you know?"

"For about a couple of months." He says. "We found out recently through one of the last battles in the city."

The girl can only hum in response as another question comes to mind.

"If you knew, why didn't you come see me sooner?"

"No offense but you weren't exactly a threat." He says. "That is, until now."

"Let me ask you, what are your plans?"

"Are you asking about him?" She asks, her eyes glancing at the Eye of Agamotto hanging around his neck.

"Yes. Usually we don't discuss this sort of thing but given the circumstances, it is vital that we stand on the same side in this matter."

"I know what's about to happen." She says. "But I don't know if it's going to play out the same way."

"What is your universe like?" Dr. Strange asks.

When he stays quiet, she continues.

"Perhaps it would be better if I show you." She says, opening a portal in the middle of the room.

"After you." He says.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"How often do you visit your world?" He asks.

"Once in a while." The girl says not making eye contact. "Not too often."

"And have you visited other worlds besides this one?" He asks once they are back.

"No. The portal is mostly used to go back and forth between these two dimensions, and when needed to help take people to a secure location."

"I see." He says with a nod. "Well, miss Lee, it seems like everything is in order."

"Do you know how long we have?" She asks after a brief pause.

"I can't tell you exactly when it is coming, but it will be soon." He says, the girl nodding as she looks at the floor, closing her eyes as she takes in a deep breath.

"We we will be in touch miss Lee." He says moving his hands in a circular motion to open the portal once again. "Though next time might not be under the best circumstances."

With a curt nod, the doctor starts heading to the portal, but as he is about to cross, the girl speaks up.

"Hey Doctor?" She hesitantly calls out, the man stopping in his tracks, raising a brow as he looks at her over his shoulder. "Could you...help me with something?"

help me with something?"

Dr. Strange is here! And with that I'm sure you know what follows. I know it's a short chapter but I promise I will update soon! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Until next time!
~Van
(2021.06.19)