4

The funeral is beautiful. A pack elder is the one to do the ceremony, but I can't remember the man's name, and he runs off before I can thank him. I wonder if I can ask Logan later so I can go and give my thanks.

At the end of the ceremony, we are all allowed to walk up to the casket and pay our dues to the family. I feel awkward going up there and shaking all of their hands, but somehow I am pushed up into the line. I know that it will be awkward giving handshakes to my brothers and father once I reach the front of the line.

I awkwardly fiddle with the small box in my pocket, and when I am finally at the beginning of the line, Logan grabs my arm and pulls me so I am standing next to him. I'm grateful that I don't have to give anyone handshakes since he is the first in line, but I am not grateful that I am now the one with all the attention on me. Some people give me curious looks, but pass over me, not bother to give me a hand shake. I don't care much, I don't want their pity anyways. I deserve the pain I am in for losing my mother, if only I hadn't of been so selfish. It's weird thouhg how no one recognizes me for who I am, I mean I wasn't unpopular when I did live here, I usually was the topic of interest because of my gifts.

I turn and look in the casket, pushing past the faint sour scent and finding Mother's natural scent. It's warm and feels like home. I don't know how I ever left it. I don't know how I ever left her.

I take the small box out of my pocket and open the lid, pulling out the small keychain that I have kept for so many years.

I finger all of the other chains that Mother or I had put on over the years. I never once left this somewhere where I would lose it. I never did anything without this keychain next to me.

Mother had been the one to give it to me. Her and father had gone on a trip to Hawaii, and she had brought me back this keychain and told me she would always be with me, ever since then whenever she went somewhere new, she would get me a charm I could put in the keychain. After I left, I continue on the tradition, and it only seems right that I now give it back to mother.

"I love you Mom." I whisper as I place the keychain in her hand. I sniff as another single tear runs down my face, but I don't get rid of it. I vow for it to be the last tear I shed for mother, seeing as she wouldnt want us to be living in sadness for the rest of our lives, I know she would want us to continue on.

"I didn't know you kept it." I look up to see Father looking down at the key chain I had placed in mothers hand. I shrug as I turn away, knowing that the conversation won't go any farther than it already has. I know he wouldn't ever say more to me than he has to. I'm surprised he said something at all since he spoke to me earlier.

Father and I never got along, even before I left. He and I had different views of how I should use my gifts and how we should hide them from others.

I guess you could say he wanted to hide me, when I thought that I had nothing to hide.

I see the unknown male glaring at me from the other side of my father, and I glare right back, letting my eyes change and for my fangs to grow slightly. I growl lowly at the man, and the man only seems to become angrier at my actions.

I'm about to growl again when I hear a gurgle next to me. I look as see the baby, Logan's baby, reach for me and gurgling to herself. I smile at the baby, but take a small step back. I don't feel comfortable taking Logan's baby from him. Logan smiles at the girl softly before turning to look at me.

"Do you want to hold her? She seems to want you to." By now the crowd was gone and most of my family is watching our exchange. I don't want to say no, but I am nervous to be holding a baby, especially one that isn't mine.

Before I can say anything, Logan is pressing the baby into my arms and smirking at me. I fumble for a second before I am able to hold her in a somewhat comfortable hold.

"What's her name?" I ask as I stare at the baby. The baby stares right back at me. Her mouth opened slightly and her eyes wide as she touches my face.

"Aliyah."

"Hi, Ms. Aliyah." I coo softly to the little girl. Aliyah giggles before smacking both of her hands onto my cheeks and squealing loudly. Logan laughs next to me, but suddenly she is smashing her head against mine.

Blood, legs, a hole, and suddenly a baby's head is all I can see. It's disgusting and I don't know how I am ever going to unsee it. Suddenly the whole baby is out and I see the doctor place it in Logan's arms, who is crying in joy, before the baby is placed on the mother's chest.

If I wasn't so nauseous I might be able to see the love that is moving throughout the room.

When I come back to, I am curled up on the ground next to a pile of my own puke. Aliyah is in Logan's arms and everyone is looking at me in shock. I groan as I fall back down to the ground, letting myself lay in my own self pity. Literally.