11

Easton follows after my father and I follow after Easton with Jacobi in my arms. If I was in any other situation I would not be following my father, but running in the direction. But, since Easton seems to have information I need, I need to stay around for a little while longer.

Soon enough we have reached Father's office. Father lets both me and Easton walk in first before shutting the door, just another one of hi tricks to make sure I don't slip out of the pack house without him knowing. I hear the lock clicking in place, but I only roll my eyes. Pressing my lips thin so I don't make any smart comment.

"What is it that we need to know about Noah's condition?" Father asks as soon as he is comfortable in his chair. I scoff at his word choice but only glare at him in return. He makes it seem as if I am dying from a disease of some sort.

"Noah comes from a long line of wolves with extraordinary powers. It is said that the moon goddess herself chooses each wolf to have this gift because they are meant for something bigger. In our world, we have come to call these wolf The Gifted, simply because of the magnificent gifts they have." I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised at the amount of respect I heard in Easton's voice. I've never been given respect before for my powers. Mostly it's a mix between fear and disgust.

"Why does it seem as if there is a downside to having this kind of power?" Father asks wisely as he narrows his eyes at Easton. I don't want to admit it, but I can see the obvious fear in his eyes that something bad will happen to me. Father was never very forward with his protectiveness of his family, but he does give small signs of his protectiveness if you know him enough.

"While great power is amazing to have, it is also very common for normal wolves, and even hunters, to want to possess the power that The Gifted possess. There have been a lot of attacks on young wolves, your son's age and younger, from these greedy people, and I am sad to say that The gifted don't always survive." Father takes in a deep breath before letting it out as he leans back in his seat. He rubs a hand down his face before nodding to himself when he sees to come to a conclusion in his own head.

"Son, I know this is the last place that you want to be right now, but for your safety I am going to need you to stay in the pack house, or at least until I know you are fit to protect yourself away from the pack house." I roll my eyes as i switch Jacobi to my other hip, who stirs in my arms, but is able to be pulled back to sleep.

"I was wondering when you were going to say something like that." I finally comment. Father gives me a disapproving look. Easton is looking between the two of us curiously, and I know he can feel the obvious tension between father and I.

"You will stay here until I have deemed you trained enough to be out on your own. Plus, Jacobi is a member of this pack and if you took him with you for whatever reason without my consent, then I won't have a choice but to send the trackers after you and claim you to be a kidnapper of a member of this pack." Father says sternly as he stands up in his chair and stares down at me. I can see the hardness in his eyes and know he will not back down.

"Nice to know my father is willing to threaten me to make me stay." I see something flicker quick in father's eyes, something that resembles regret, before it is gone and father is standing rigid in his spot.

"If that is what I have to do to make sure you are safe, than that is what I will do." I roll my eyes at my father before turning away in frustration. Doesn't he understand that I just want to be able to do things by myself? I want to earn my way, i don't want everything just thrown at me because I am the Alpha's son? I want to make something of myself, but all that is here is a life full of constant need of approval from my father and the depressing amount of side glances i get from the pack.

"Whatever. Where will I be staying while I am here?" I say shortly as I start walking backwards to the door. Father stares at me for another second before he seems to relent in whatever he was fighting against in his head.

"In your old room. It is still the same as you left it." Father speaks as he tidies up some of the already clean papers on his desk. I roll my eyes at his answer before standing up to leave.

"Well, since I am not allowed to leave. I think Jacobi and I are going to go to my room for a little while to get some sleep, it would be nice of you to let everyone know I am not in the mode to be around all of them, so if they would leave us alone that would be great." I smile sarcastically at my father before standing up and heading for the door.

"Son-" I don't wait to see what father is going to say because I open the door and shut it quickly behind me. I let some of my walls fall for a second. I wipe off the one fallen tears on my cheek before pushing away from the wall and heading for my room.

I hoist Jacobi higher on my hip before looking up, only to see Lucas staring at me from a little ways down the hallway. I look at him for a few seconds before dropping my gaze and walking the other way. Whatever he saw, or has to say, I don't want to hear or know about it.