10

I rush down the hallway with Jacobi still in my arms. I know with the way I am upset that I shouldn't be driving, but I also know if I stay and let my father catch up with me, that I will lose control and it will not be a fun time. I may have been able to control myself so I did not shift when I lived in New York, but that doesn't mean that I don't lose control from time to time when my emotions run wild.

"Noah!" my eyes widen as I hear father closer behind me and I pickup my speed to a slight jog. Jacobi lays contentedly in my arms and I wonder if he has somehow fallen asleep, I guess in some way he is being rocked to sleep.

I turn a corner, thinking that it will help me get away from father easier, but I turn around only to stop when I almost run into a body. I gasp as i stumble away from the man, my grasp on Jacobi slightly as I stumble away.

It is the man from earlier who yelled at me at the funeral. His eyebrows furrowed as he looks down at me and Jacobi before his eyes suddenly get harder. I blink at him in shock at his change of emotions before I am suddenly on the floor.

The man had ripped Jacobi out of my arms and placed him behind him, waking Jacobi up in the process, from my spot of the floor I can see him rubbing his eyes in confusion before they lock with mine. I open my mouth to say something, but the man has now come back to me and pulls me up from the ground.

The man slams me into the wall and I grunt as my back begins to ache, but goes away as soon as my healing kicks in. The man brings his face close to mine and I grunt as I pull away as far as I can from him.

"Noah! Come back here now!" I hear Father yell. He seems to be right around the corner. The man holding me narrows his gaze before calling out to my father.

"Alpha, I think I have the man you are looking for right here with me." His voice is gruff and makes my knees weak. I frown at my own emotions as I shake myself out of the haze I am in.

"You are going to pay for this asshole." I seethe as I try to break out of his arms. The fire in his eyes he's even more intense and I know I probably shouldn't have said what I did, but I know I do need to get out of here before my father sees me.

"Oh, really? We will see who is the one who ends up paying for this." The man growls in m face. I feel my eyes burn as I growl back at him. The man looks at my eyes and his widen a little in disbelief.

"You're a..." He doesn't get to finish his sentence before father is rounding the corner and both of us turn to look at him. The man's grip loosens until he is no longer holding me on the wall, but still has his body pressed up against mine. Father stops where he is and looks between the two of us with suggestive eyes. I roll my, still shifted, eyes at my father before pushing the man off of me.

"Not what it looks like." I say blandly as I walk over to Jacobi and pick him off of the floor and back into my arms, he clings to me again and I know that the both of us are going to have a nice life together. I go to walk away but someone grabs the back on my shirt and pulls me back to the two men. I roll my eyes, again, I am honestly not sure why they haven't fallen out with the amount of time I have rolled them in the past day, and turn around to see the man holding onto the back on my shirt. I shrug him off and take a step back from them, but still stay next to them so I'm not manhandled again.

Father pants as he looks between the two of us and finally sets on the other man, giving him a nod of thanks.

"Thank you, Easton. I was worried i wouldn't be able to catch him." The man, Easton nods before looking over at me.

"Alpha, I think we need to have a talk about him. We should keep him in the cellars until we know what to do with him." Easton suggest as he reaches over and grabs my arm quickly. I pull away in surprise when shocks erupt on my naked skin. Easton seems to have the same reaction but he holds in his surprise.

"There is no need of that, Noah is my son. And he and I need to have a little talk before he tries to leave again." Easton's eyes widen slightly before he turns to me.

"I am sorry for the amount of disrespect I have given you. Please forgive me." I am shocked by the change in Easton now that he knows I am the alpha's son, but that doesn't mean I have to accept his apology for all he has said and done to me since I have arrived this morning.

In the end I just look away from Easton and back over at my father. "So, you said you wanted to talk?" I ask as I adjust Jacobi in my arms, who complains softly before falling back asleep. Father looks at me before nodding.

"Alpha, I am serious, we need to have a conversation about you son. He doesn't need to stay in the cells, but we do need to have a discussion. Immediately." Father looks between me and Easton before nodding.

"Noah, our conversation will be postponed, but you will come talk with me and Easton about whatever is so important. I'm not letting you out of my sight until I know you're planning on staying like you said earlier." Father is firm in his decision and I know I will not be able to change his mind.

I glare at father before relenting and nodding my head. Easton looks between the two of us, but seems to find what he wants before he is suddenly walking away. Father gives me another look before turning and following Easton.

I assume the look was to say that I am to follow them. I don't want to stay, especially after what I had to go through, but I want to know what I am, and Easton, seems to know what that is.